We had a really good week last week. We've really been trying to express our thanks to our Heavenly Father for all the good things that are happening. We still have our 4 baptism dates. Martin is doing fantastically and we talk about his baptism every lesson. He's really trying to figure out the work situation so that he can come to church. That will be his big trial I think before baptism. He can't get baptized until he comes to church at least 3 times! He's got 4 Sundays, so we're praying hard for him. But we taught him the Word of Wisdom last night and he accepted it right off and doesn't think he'll have any problems. I'm so happy for him! He's really seeing the differences already. He came to his appointment last night and was really agitated and sad because he got in an argument with someone at his work and I guess it was kind of brutto. I opened up to Jacob 2:8 and he read it and just smiled and said "è vero!" "La piacevole parola di Dio, sì, la parola che guarisce l'anima ferita." ("It is true!" "The pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul) It IS true. The word of God heals the wounded soul. It was a really good lesson. I'm not sure exactly how old Martin is, but I would say late 20s early 30s.
Luis we didn't get to see this last week. He had to do something for his daughter. But I called him on Sunday and asked him how he was feeling about everything because we hadn't heard from him in a while and I was worried, but he said he's still reading the Book of Mormon and feels really good about everything. He too is seeing the blessings. He said he feels "più tranquillo, più pace." which is good. real good.
Roger and Cristina, we haven't seen since we set their date last Tuesday. But hopefully we'll get to see them this week and figure out where they're at.
Our other progressor is Claudia. She's from Brazil and doesn't speak a whole lot of Italian, but enough to understand. But she is also studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses and she asks a lot of hard questions. She asked us where eternal life will be and what is the name of God. Both questions we have the answers to, but milk before meat! Haha. She's reading and praying though because she is really confused. So we'll see how that goes this week.
I'm feeling good! I'm happy. I'm really really grateful for the miracles we're seeing. We still get bidoni. At least one every day. Friday and Saturday we were for 100% bidoni. We had four Friday and four Saturday. Awesome. But it's okay! The miracles make it all worth it! We are still so incredibly blessed in the work here that's happening now.
I can't believe we're already to week five of this transfer! Transfers are next week! But I'm 99.9% sure Sorella Mancuso and I will be staying here together. We're getting 5 new sorelle next week! Sorella Power! As President would say...
Have I ever told you about the "Sorella Power" that President always talks about? It's pretty hilarious. He used to send us texts every week about the Sorella statistics and how we are leading the mission. It's exciting. I love our Sorelle. But we do have amazing Anziani also! don't get me wrong.
I'm REALLY excited for General Conference. I love it. We won't watch the Relief Society broadcast, so MOM, if you want to send me the talks after, that'd be awesome. Maybe we can watch it some P-day. I'm praying I'll be able to get more out of General conference than I did the last time in Cuneo. That was kind of crazy. I love conference! How lucky are we that we get to listen to the PROPHET and the APOSTLES and other leaders of Christ's church?! We are blessed indeed.
Well that's all I got. Sorry you didn't get my email last week. There must have been some problems with the sight or something.
I'm doing good! Real good! I love you all and thank you so much for your love and prayers and support! Have a good week!
Sorella Forbes
No comments:
Post a Comment