EMAIL FROM LAST WEEK(Sorella Mancuso's family didn't get hers until Monday... Must be something up with the site or these computers...The pictures aren't attached so I'll send those in another.)
We now have four baptismal dates! With Luis, Martin, Roger, and Cristina. From Peru, Peru, Honduras, and El Salvador. I love them all!!! We found Luis by a funny mistake. We were headed to an appointment one morning but couldn't find them. The husband's name was Luis. I had left my old planner with his number in it at home (duh...). His name was Luis. I was looking through the potentials in the phone and there was one with P Luis. I didn't remember putting Luis in the phone, but I called it anyway. I asked "Is this the Luis with the wife Patricia?" And he said "Uh... no..." And then I told him we were the sister missionaries and if he remembered meeting the misisonaries. He told me he met with the Anziani a year ago and came to church a few times and had started reading the BoM. there was a pause... I asked "well would you like to meet with the missionaries again?" And he said yeah! So we set an appointment. We've taught him twice now and he accepted a date for October 20. He is searching searching for the truth. He's awesome! Martin we found in the park. His brother is a member in Peru. He told us on the first lesson that he saw how much the church helped his brother and how it was really good for him, and he hoped it could do the same for him. I wanted to exclaim "If you only know how much it will help you!!!" Anyway, he is going to get baptized Oct. 27. He is SO solid. We took him his baptismal calendar and he was so excited and told us he will check the box every day for praying in the morning, in the evening, and for reading! And he completes all the reading assignments we leave him. He is so solid. His one challenge will be coming to church. He works on Sundays, and seeing as how work is hard to come by right now, he has to work on Sundays. But he said he's got a plan and he's praying that he can at least come to sacrament meeting every sunday if his friend will take his shift. Roger and Cristina are two giovani we met also in the park. So great! We set dates with them yesterday for 20 Oct as well. They just kept talking about how it was hard, especially as youth, to be strong and to know what's right and what's not and to be close to God in this world today. They are so excited about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration just clicked with them. They're great. All of our dates are progressing and super solid! Happiness. I feel so blessed.
As for Stefania... she just broke my heart a little bit this last week. I was talking to her on the phone on Friday trying to set up an appointment to see her and she said she still hadn't read anything from the Book of Mormon and that it was a problem. She said she just can't. It's not that she doesn't want to but that she just can't. Satan!!! He's got a hold on her. I've been praying with all my might that she could have the strength and the courage to just open and read one tiny bit and that when she does the spirit will chase the badness away. She's so elect! And it's pretty tough to see how the adversary works against them. She said that she would call us... which is never really good. I'm going to call her at the end of this week if we don't hear from her.
The stake conference this weekend was so awesome. Anziano Nelson didn't make it. I heard they were creating a Rome 5 ward this weekend too and that he went there. But Elder Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy came and spoke and it was awesome! Also Elder Kearon of the Seventy. It was so cool to be there and be a part of this event. Elder Rasband just kept saying how big of a deal it is when they split a stake in Europe. And all of them talked about how this was a multiplication, not a division. The church is growing a TON in Italy. These last couple months have been record months for baptisms in our mission I think. At least I know May was the highest number of baptisms that the mission has ever had. If I remember correctly... but the work is moving forward! And Milano 3 was renamed "Milano Navigli." Classy. (you say it nah-veel-yee. insomma).
Yesterday we did scambio! I was with Sorella Heupel, Sorella Soh's trainee from Milano 2. It was a great time. Scambios are always fun because you get a new view of how to do things, how to talk to people, how to follow the spirit... etc. etc. These new Sorelle are awesome.
I am still trying to be a good trainer. Sorella Mancuso is catching on real fast. I've started making her do some phone calls. She reminds me of me when I was a trainee. I was terrified to do phone calls and Sorella Willey would always joke about the faces I made when talking to people on the phone. Because I couldn't understand them or I didn't know what to say... ha.
Anyway. Things are going great! Milano 3 is back in action. I mean Milano Navigli...
Thanks for your prayers and support and love and letters and everything! I really hope you do know that I really appreciate it, even if I can't respond to everyone all the time...
Vi voglio un sacco di bene!!! (I want a lot of good)
Sorella Forbes
No comments:
Post a Comment