03 October 2012

September 3, 2012 - Transfer Week!


Another transfer has come and gone! I can't believe it. I will be staying here in Milano Navigli with Sorella Mancuso for at least another six weeks. I'm really really happy. I have come to love this city so much and I feel blessed to be here. We were in Parco delle Basiliche the other night doing some finding work and I just looked up at the Basilica and wanted to cry. I am so lucky! I LOVE ITALY! I never want to leave. Family! In eight months you can just come here, k?

In other transfer news, this transfer was CRAZY! So remember how usually when you are training you stay with your trainee for two transfers? Well Sorella Soh got a call from President on Monday with some of the most exciting news I've ever heard. She and Sorella Nilson are going to Florence for 10 days and are just going to find find find and give everything to the Anziani there. And then... THEY'RE OPENING SIENA TO SORELLE!!!! There have NEVER been Sorelle in Siena. But listen how perfect this is for them. They were MADE for this grand opening of Siena to the Sorelle. They both did the Siena program at BYU. They've already lived there. They know the city. They know the members. They know non members. And now they're going back as missionaries. I think Sorella Nilson cried on the phone when she got the call she was so happy. She had been praying for this. A senior couple that has been here in Milano is going because Anziano Capece has been called as the branch president there. So it's a tiny tiny branch. But it is going to EXPLODE with these two amazing Sorelle going there. I'm really hoping that maybe I'll be able to get to go there in a few transfers... ha! That would be amazing. SIENA! arguably the most amazing city in Italy. And it is now open to Sorelle. How awesome.

Also, they split the Milano zone into the Milano West and Milano East. A member of the stake presidency came and spoke in church last Sunday and told us this is the first division of a stake in Italy. EVER. They have created new stakes, but never split one. That's huge! 

In other news, we dropped two baptismal dates, but set another one. So we now have three. We've been really blessed in our finding this last week too and hope to set two dates with Natalie and Pedro. We met Natalie on the tram and I almost didn't talk to her because we had to get off but I'm so glad I did! They are this cute little family. They have a three year old daughter and were so excited for us to come over. Natalie said she's always wanted to know more about God and understand him and his plan but never had the opportunity. Nobody ever tried to explain things for her. They accepted soft baptismal invites. I'm excited to teach them the Plan of Salvation tonight.

Martin is doing fantastically. He is progressing so well and we've really got to know each other this last week. He has had a rough life and is so ready to leave it all behind and start fresh with baptism. Gladys is a referral we received from the Milano 2 Sorelle. She accepted a date on Saturday for next month. She is so great and they have the cutest family! I love them.

Random side note: I got the EFY cds and LOVE them. BUG! Eric Michels is on this year's album! Number 3. It's my favorite. Remember how he was in the MTC with me? I heard the song come on and thought "his voice sounds familiar..." Yup. It's Eric. That's cool. 

Well, I don't have much other than that to report. We've kind of just been going in circles with the work here but I think now we're finally getting some really solid progressors and going to be seeing lots of baptisms next transfer! So happy and exciting!!! 

I've been thinking alot about the 4th missionary talk. It talks alot about leaving behind all your desires, wants wishes dreams hopes everything and focusing on the Lord's will and what He wants you to do. I've really been trying to implement that these last couple of weeks and it is working! I spent so much time on my mission thinking about what's going on at home, or how life will be like after the mission, or friends that haven't written me and why they haven't written etc etc. But now when I think about that... I DON'T CARE!  I don't CARE that these people just got married. I don't CARE that this person is moving. I don't CARE that I haven't heard from this person my entire mission....

 I care that this person isn't going to make their baptismal date because they didn't come to church on Sunday. I care that a new investigator who is so dear to my heart isn't responding to our phone calls. I care that that person on the bench we talked to was really searching for answers and felt the spirit, but rejected the message anyway. 

I care that this person told me they were tempted to break the word of wisdom the night before when they were out with their friends but they didn't drink or smoke and they feel really good. I care that this person is fixing their relationship with their daughter and seeing the blessings of keeping the commandments of the Lord. I care that this person had a new light that was visible in their eyes come into their life after we taught them the Plan of Salvation and they understand they are a child of God. I care that this family will be able to be sealed as an eternal family in the temple in a years time after their mom is baptized.

I thought doing this would be so hard and difficult. There are still the heartbreaks and the sorrows, but you know what? 

I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER! 

I feel like I get happier and happier every day as I strive to do this. Like it says in the Fourth Missionary... it's not the easiest, it's just the most intelligent thing to do. To give your will to the Lord. Because he'll make you happier than you could ever make yourself.

I know that is true!!!

And I'm sorry if that bothers you that I don't care about what you're doing right now. I still love you. I just have another work to do for now. :)

Vi voglio un SACCO di bene. Buona Settimana!  (I want a LOT of good. Good Week!)

Sorella Forbes


Rain coming off of the Duomo.  Look at the Gargoyles!  Cool!


Me and Sorella Bush p'daying it up at the Duomo.  
She came down from Varese a few weeks ago.


My cute greenie!  Sorella Mancuso


I wan't supposed to post this! ...but I couldn't resist!
I asked for a picture of her cute face and this is what she sent!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment