Hi!
It's me.
Just here in Milan.
Being a missionary.
I love it here. I was thinking the other day, "I really hope I get to stay in Milano for another transfer!" The work is going pretty well right now. I love the members. I get to hear a lot of news from around the mission from our frequent run ins with the assistants. There's lots of people to talk to. It's Milano. I love it.
Anyway. Things are going good. We'rekind of at a stand still with Gladys, Natalie, and Pedro. Wedidn'tsee them last week so already we'll haveto postpone their dates. Butthat'sokay! Martin didn'tcometo church. Hestill is struggling getting work ofon SUnday mornings. But he'sstill progressing like a rock star. We'll have to postpone his for atleast another week, if he can come to church for the next three Sundays. But he's doing good!
Our new golden boy (man) is Gianni. He's an older man we found doing casa. We told him we carried a message of happiness and he said he wanted to learn more! So we went back with a member and taught him the Restoration. It's a little bit harder for him to understand things, so we'll have to go a bit slower, but he is really great! REally sincereand wants to learn all he can. We'll see him again tonight.
Miracle story: We havethis really great member. I think I've mentioned her a few times before. Sorella Ramos. I adore her. She has a list of all the friends she wants to share the gospel with and prays for them every day. Recentlyshe has been feeling really discouraged because her efforts haven't seenmuch fruit. And hersister was set to get baptized lastmonth but then decided she didn't want to. SHe had this one friend in particular, Jackie, and she had been praying to know how to help her learn about the Gospel but she wasn't reading the Book of Mormon she had left her and she didn't want to meet with us. Thursday Sorella Ramos was going to stay for the ward FHE we do but felt like she needed to go home. Shewas waiting at the bus stop thinking and praying about Jackie, the bus pulled up and Jackie basically fell off the bus into Sorella Ramos's arms. She has been having a really hardtime lately and has been struggling with health. She went home with SorellaRamos and her husbandandthey had dinner together and talked about things. They told Jackie about blessings for health, and invited her to think about it and to come to church. Jackie came to church! All three hours! Sorella Ramos was glowing she was so happy! We have an appointment to teach Jackie on Friday. FOLLOW THE SPIRIT! I have no doubt that it guided Sorella Ramos to be precisely in the right place precisely at the right time to be there for her friend when she needed her and to give her the opportunity to teach her a bit about how the gospel can help her. I'm excited for our appointment on Friday!
It's taken a turn for the COLD! It's been getting colder and colder by theday. But I love it! And I love being in Milano for the Fall FAshion season. It's my favorite time of year! Scarves, coats, jackets, boots.... Milano is fun. But since it's been getting colder and rainier, there are less people in the parks. We've taken to casa as our favorite finding activity. It's different here in Milano. We get yelled at a lot more. And kicked out of palazzi a lot more. But hey, we keep on trekkin. Sorella Mancuso is such a blessing tohave. She is SO HILARIOUS. Our new favorite thing to do to keep us smiling is adding to our list of "things not to say while on a mission in Italy." Maybe someday I'll share this list with you. It's a good one. We need to complete it. But as a sneak peek some of my favorites are "Why do you hate God!?" and "Well that's just apostasy..." Good times.
WE have zone conference tomorrow. That will be fun. I love zone conference.
So I'm doing good.Thanks for the family updates. I love all the Halloween costumes! I didn't think they had a halloween like they do in the US, because they do Carnevale in March, but we've seen some decorations in the stores and halloween cookies in the stores. We'll see!
Happy Halloween tutti! Know that I am praying for you everyday and I miss you! Hope you are all well!
Sorella Forbes
The view from my apartment and some pictures of inside.
Thought you might like these!
No comments:
Post a Comment