08 February 2012

EMAIL - February 8, 2011 Che Freddo! (That cold!)

First of all, Man oh man has it been cold or what?! This last week...mamma mia. I thought I almost lost my toes and fingers one night. But all is well! I am fine! Seeing miracles every day! And meeting amazing people! And loving life! Cuneo is so great. I love it more and more every day. It finally cleared up on Monday and i could see the mountains that surround us! Yup, we're in the Alps. It's awesome! I love mountains. It's been snowing on and off again this week, but nothing like there was last week. That was pazzesco. Anyway, not really sure where to start with everything I want to tell you! 
Okay, the italians know how to cook. We already knew that, but now I'm living in it. We had a couple of meals with investigators this last week and they were amazing. Pizza, pasta, bread, salad, cheese, prosciutto, walnuts... ecc. So delicious! These italians know what feasting means. Every time I would say "no I can't eat anymore!" They'd insist no no no you must! So i did. Wow. I was full. But it was so delicious. I love italians!!!
I'm getting better with the language I think. I still have a hard time understanding a lot of the time, but we're to the point where Sorella Willey and I take turns making phone calls. It's scary everytime, but she sits next to me so she can hear in case I don't understand something. haha. Have I mentioned I love my companion?! I love my companion. She is marvelous. I learn so much from her every day. I love the moments when we're studying and she gasps and says "Sorella! I just learned something!" And then we talk about it. It's so great! And she really has helped me build my faith more and more. Here's something that happened Sunday night: We were at 19 lessons at 8:30. The mission standard is 20. We had been doing Casa (knocking on doors) for almost three hours and no one had opened up for a lesson. But she said the president promised that if we work clear up to the end, we will get the 20 lessons. She said "I have faith in the promise sorella! We will find someone!" We said a prayer and started walking toward our apartment. We talked to every one we saw but it was SO cold and no one wanted to talk to us. We were at the corner that we live on, and we saw two girls. So we went and talked to them and taught a little lesson and set up an appointment for the next day. It was a miracle! we got our twenty lessons. All because of the faith of Sorella Willey. I love her! And she's a really great cook. I eat well here in Cuneo.
I love the people we teach more and more everyday. It's crazy how as missionaries we just happen to come upon the downtrodden and broken, those searching for something more in their lives. They are all amazing! I wish I could tell you ALL about all of them, but there is just not enough time. But Monday while doing casa we met someone that said to come back Tuesday. We went back yesterday and it was the house of a woman that is 100 years old! She couldn't really understand anything we were saying or get what we were talking about, but her bidante (spelling?) from Brazil accepted my soft baptismal invite! The spirit was so strong. We're meeting with her again later this week and we'll see if we can set up a date. We have three people that have accepted baptismal invites in the last week and a half, but haven't set up dates yet. Most of them say they're just not ready, but they are! That's something that's hard for me, is they know that our message is true and they've said it! But they won't commit to baptism yet. But it's okay. I know that eventually they'll really accept it and continue to receive confirmations from the spirit that this is truth. 
I love being a missionary so much!!! I can't even tell you. There are highs, and there are lows. Most of the lows for me so far have been when an investigator has a low. A lot of them are out of work right now and have a lot of issues, but it's comforting to me to see the comfort they find in the Book of Mormon and when they meet with us. This gospel is the best thing for everyone in the world! 
We have really great members here. They love coming to lessons and bear such strong testimonies. They really make the difference in this work. Peter is a convert of 4 months and was just called as the assistant ward missionary leader. He's from Ghana and has been in Cuneo for 4 years. He is awesome! He is always willing to come to lessons, or give calls of encouragement to struggling investigators or less-actives, he gave me a cake for my birthday (as seen in the photo)... he's wonderful. He loves this gospel so much and wants to share it with the world! Cuneo will never be the same now that he has this gospel in his life. :) Everyone here is wonderful! I love Italy!
Welp, that's all I have time for this week. I hope everyone is well! To all my friends: I've only heard from maybe 3 of you in the last 3 months... just sayin'...i'll take it that no news is good news and that you are all still alive! haha. Love you all!

Vi voglio bene tutti! 
Sorella Forbes








No comments:

Post a Comment