28 February 2012

Email - February 22, 2012 Mamma Mia!

Ciao! It's me again. How is life everyone? Mine is GREAT! Let me tell you a bit about my week:

So first of all, did you know that it is REALLY difficult to have to tell someone that their baptism wasn't valid? (talking about an infant baptism in the Catholic faith). Well,  it is. We had to do that with one of our investigators last week. And it was hard for me. She wants to follow Christ and do the right thing, but she hasn't seen why she needs to be baptized again, yet. But we saw her last night and she's making good progress. And she's feeding us spaghetti with meatballs on Friday. SO happy. Love her. She'll be baptized once she gets her answer. She says she is still waiting, which is okay. But I know it will come and she will recognize it. Love Rosy!

Second, we got dropped by our baptismal date on Friday (Donatella). Talk about crushing your soul. She had a dream that her dad was mad at her because she was leaving the Catholic church. Stupid Satan... we went out and got some gelato afterwards. We were a little blue. And then some hot chocolate. With nocciola gelato inside of it. Mmmm. That helped eased the sting just a bit...haha. But it turns out that this is all okay and it is not the right time! The Lord has a plan! She's been out of work for a long time. She's a jazz singer. She called us yesterday and said she got a job on a cruise ship for 8 months starting March 23. SO, hence, this is good. We wouldn't want her to get baptized at a time where she can't continue to go to church and meet with the missionaries. She has a Book of Mormon and says she wants to continue reading. I know she'll meet with the missionaries when she gets back and maybe then will be her time. Vedremo!

Friday again was rough. With getting dropped, more bidoni, not finding anyone, we were feeling really discouraged. But we prayed that we would find more people Saturday! So we went out to work. We headed in to Old Cuneo (which I love. Classic italy with the narrow cobblestoned streets, stringed lights above, buildings that smell like the castles you go see from the 1500s... etc. LOVE). We met a girl on the street who met with missionaries before. We have an appointment with her today. And then we were doing casa and Sorella Willey rang a citofano and they came on "Chi e?" and she said "Siamo le sorelle, mi apre?" and they said "Si, ma che volete?" and Sorella Willey said "vogliamo condividere un piccolo messagio con lei." and sure enough BUZZ! Door opened. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! At least, never when we say we want to share a message with them. Ha! So we go up, AMAZING apartment btw. Dad, you would love it: wooden beamed ceiling in the living room, exposed brick in the kitchen. Gorgeous! Comunque... It was a family! They are catholic, the mom works for an organization in the church that helps organize baptisms for part member families or other families that can't do it themselves, or something. They have a little boy who is adorable and the whole time they just kept saying how the family is the most important thing to them... uh... we're thinking, ARE YOU KIDDING?! D'ORO! They fed us. We gave them a Book of Mormon, we met with Anna on Monday because Marco was at work, but they had read. We invited her to baptism, and unfortunately she said she doesn't believe that one religion is better than the other, basically. But I CAN SEE THEM IN THE CHURCH! She's going to be the next relief society president. I already know. She talked for like 5 minutes about prophets and what they do. She knows!!! We're meeting with them again on Saturday. Vedremo... Miracoli...

We did a scambio this week with the Torino sisters! They came to Cuneo with us after our District meeting in Torino on Monday and we blitzed for 24 hours. I got to go with Sorella Soh to the appointment with Cristina and with Anna, and Sorella Willey and Sorella Bunker took Osagi, Giulia, and did some casa. It was so great! I learned a lot from Sorella Soh. She is marvelous. And has AMAZING italian. She lived in Siena before this mission thing. But yeah, she was so great and I learned a lot from her. And it was a big learning experience just to see the different ways people teach. Everyone is so unique and has their own perspective. It was grand! I wish I had more time to talk about it, but I don't. Just know it was great. I love Sorella Soh and Sorella Bunker.

Sorella Willey and I are still loving Cuneo. It's finally started really warming up. We don't even need coats today, but I wore mine because otherwise the italians are like "WHY ARE YOU NOT WEARING A COAT?!" (Sorella Willey got that when we went to the grocery store). But it's a beautiful day and you can see the mountains crystal clear. I love Cuneo. 

Welp, I think that's all for this week. Oh! I wanted to share a scripture. DandC 64:33-34. I LOVE these two verses. I came upon them last night and they went PERFECTLY with our lesson with Cristina, but they are two verses that everyone should read. Look it up. Love it, as I did. Anyway, gots to go, but buon settimana! Vi voglio bene!!!

Sorella Forbes

Extra Stories Sorella Forbes wanted added:

Preslee is McKell's Niece.. Preslees prayer last night.  She prayed for Aunt Kell that she will have fun on her mission and that her foot won't hurt and that she will be nice to the little children and take them treats like her home teachers do to her and Jonah!!!  Cute!


Hey mamma and papa! I didn't get to finish my time before our appointment came, so I'm back. We just had Cristina's interview with President and she passed! Well, as long as she quits smoking completely by Saturday. She'll do it. She wants to be baptized so bad. I forgot to tell you the coolest thing. She was taking us home the other night and she said "I just can't wait to be in white. I just want to be white." I love her so much. Will you put that story on my blog? She's such an inspiration. And we got to talk with Sorella Wolfgramm while they were doing the interview! I love her! She's so great. She and President drove all the way from Milano to Cuneo to do this interview. They are so grand. I love the world! Haha. But also I was thinking, if you by chance send that men of the Motab album, could you also send my Missionary Essentials album? Last I saw it it was in my car. I think. Okay. I think that's all for this week... Love you so much!!! Til next week! Give every one love from Cuneo!!!

Kell

Hey pops! Thought I'd respond directly since I have a bit of time. Yes my companion is awesome. It's not too bad being with a companion 24/7.  And the meeting we had in Torino was just interviews with a bit of training. I guess it switches off every transfer from Zone conference to interviews. But we have district meetings in Torino just about every Monday. Congrats on the new Misson Prep calling! You'll be awesome. Help them learn Preach my gospel! I wish I would have known it better before I came. It is the missionary lifeline. Seriously. I love that manual. And yeah we're back on the bikes mostly. The walks are mostly clear now so we can ride our bikes everywhere. And I've figured out the brakes now so all is well! haha. Thanks for the advice. Thanks for the email pops. Love you lots. Ci sentiamo la prossima settimana! Love ya.

Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment