I think I just made that expression up, but I meant it to mean Sorelle to the rescue! What a week. Again. Crazy things are happening here in Cuneo.First of all, let's talk about Cristina and Salvatore. I just love them. Cristina is going to be baptized this Saturday! After her interview with the President, they were so incredibly happy. Salvatore came right up to me and just whispered with this huge grin "si puo battezzare! si puo battezzare!" They were so happy. I just love them. The President told them she could only be baptized if she stopped smoking seven days before the big day. We went to visit next day and she said she hadn't smoked and everything had been washed in the apartment to get rid of the smoke smell and so much more. She is so excited and happy. We went to dinner at Salvatore's on Saturday night and we were looking over the program with Peter, who is now their closest friend in the ward, and she was just looking at it with the biggest grin and exclaimed "faccio battesimo!" I'm so happy for her. She has overcome so much in her life, and she's made so many changes in her life. I'm so proud. I feel like a proud mama, even though she's in her 40s... ha! I just adore her. I can't wait for Saturday. Oh! The the Sorelle to the rescue story has to do with them... haha. I wish i could tell you the whole story, but I can't. I'll just say they called us Monday morning, we raced to them on our bikes within 15 minutes, talked, shared some scriptures, prayed, went for gelato, talked talked talked, and every thing was resolved. It's amazing to see what prayer and scriptures can do in crazy situations. I know with the Lord's help any difficulty can be resolved and we can find comfort. Wow. What a miracle they are. I'll send you pictures of them next week! From the baptism!!! :)So we have an investigator, we'll call him Abs (that's what we sometimes call him when we're planning because we still can't pronounce his name...ha!) He's a muslim man from Morocco who is searching searching searching. Sorella Willey knew him from English class before (p.s. did I tell you we teach english class? We've actually gotten 4 investigators from it. It's so much fun.) and she ran into him again on scambio with Sorella Bunker. And then last p day we were going for gelato and he was there! He's so incredibly nice and loves to talk. Our first two lessons with him were a bit scary. He's really intense and was trying to convert us, pretty sure, but whenever we read from the Book of Mormon he was completely mesmerized and in our second lesson he read all of Alma 33 and most of 34 while we were just sitting there. Ha! He just kept going! He loves it! But again, those first two lessons were so rough because he loves talking and couldn't understand a lot of the things we were teaching. But our next lesson with him we taught the Plan of Salvation. He finally understood that he is a child of God! It was beautiful. Then after we had laid the plan out with these little pieces we have as a visual, we asked him if he would like to know if it was true and if this really was God's plan for his children. He just looked at it very intensely for a minute, then looked up at us and just nodded his head. That he did want to know. So we invited him to pray and continue reading in the Book of Mormon. He told us he feels so peaceful when he's in the church and when he talks with us. He feels and recognizes the spirit!!! Yesterday, however, we kind of went backwards. He's having a hard time understanding who exactly Jesus Christ was. They believe he was just a prophet, not the Son of God. Anyway...Abs is great.Friday night we met with Rosy again. And we had gli spaghetti con le vongole! (clams!) It was so delicious. Shells and all. It was gourmet. I need her to teach me to cook. She's not really reading a whole lot, but she came to church on Sunday and we're meeting with her tonight. I just love her. She's such a tiny little thing. Her son is a recent convert. They're such a great family. We love visiting them.We've seen Giulia a few more times, but the situation with her family is kind of intense right now so it's difficult. But I love and adore her. I wish everyone could meet little Giulia.It is so beautiful here in Cuneo!!! It is like full blown spring time today. The mountains you can see crystal clear, people are out and about, and it's just beautiful. I attached some photos that I took on the way here. They're on the Main street here, Corso Nizza. Look at the mountains in the background! Gorgeous. And then the other one is of the leather scripture case that the member here in Cuneo made me for my birthday. It's beautiful!!! I love it so much.So one last thing... did you know the Book of Mormon is true?! I do. Every time I read it I know. And, just as we teach our investigators, I pray often for the knowledge of its truthfulness. If you've never prayed for this knowledge, DO IT! We taught a member family the other night and all but the mom and one daughter had never prayed about the Book of Mormon. Everyone should do it to gain a testimony of it for themselves. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! Today I was reading 2 Ne 29. SO crazy how I am seeing the truthfulness of the words in that chapter here in Italy. "A Bible, we already have a Bible. We need no other Bible..." I can't tell you how many times I've heard that, in pretty much the exact wording. The beautiful thing about the Book of Mormon is that it takes NOTHING away from the Bible, it only adds to it. I wish I could just help people see that better. If every one in the world read the Book of Mormon, mamma mia, what a different place it would be.Anyway, that's all I have time for, but I hope all is well back in the States! Miss and love all you! Thank you for all your prayers and support. I can feel them every step of the way helping me. Love you! Buona settimana!Sorella Forbes
29 February 2012
February 29, 2012: Le Sorelle Salvarvi! - The Sisters Saved You!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment