15 February 2012

Email - February 15, 2011 Abblamo fissato una data batteslmale!

Buon Giorno tutti! What a week... Let me tell you about it. And it may be brief because I have the subject of I'M AN AUNT AGAIN! to address. But I'll try to make it less scatterbrained than the weeks before. I wrote everything down this time. :)

First, a story I forgot to tell you last week that just warmed my heart (and body, because it's cold here...) right up. Last Sunday in fast and testimony meeting, we had some amazing testimonies. One of which came from Cristina, our investigator that will be baptized on March 3rd. Saturday night we invited her to, if the spirit told her to, bear her testimony in church. And she did! And it was beautiful! After the meeting she ran up to Sorella Willey and I and gave us a big hug and just said "Sorelle! L'ho fatto, Sorelle!" She was so happy. (That means 'I did it!). I love her.

Thursday we went to Torino for interviews with the mission president (and I haven't heard anything about our pres. getting stuck in the snow somewhere, but we're kind of out here by our lonesome in Cuneo...) but he is SO great. He is truly an inspired man. I loved getting those 10 minutes to just talk to him. And he had me practice placing a Book of Mormon and gave me some great advice. I love him. And his wife is absolutely great. We were doing role plays and talking about how we can find out what people's needs are. She came to our group and said "sometimes people just need to hear they are a child of God! Just look them in the eyes and just tell them and the spirit will touch them!" Then she did it to one of the sisters and she turned around with tears in her eyes and just said, "it's really powerful!" I love her! But I learned so much from our assistenti (aps). That night in a lesson with Graziella, who has been meeting with the missionaries on and off for 10 years, we really tried to use some of the things we had learned to ask inspired questions and really figure out what it is they need. She said she hasn't received an answer if this is the true church, but basically we got down to the question "have you ever prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true?" and she said no! In 10 years! We were amazed. I hope that's the breakthrough she needs. 

Friday was a rough day for me. We had 5 bidoni! (appointments cancelled or they didn't show up) and we did casa for a long time and couldn't find anyone! I was feeling really discouraged at the end of the day, but my GEM of a companion just said "Sorella, it's okay. Everyone goes through their special trials their first transfer. Maybe yours is to get a lot of bidoni, or doing casa and not finding a lot of people, but just keep the faith and that's when miracles happen." I love her! I felt so great after she told me that. And the next day we found 2 people to teach while doing casa and we set a baptismal date with Donatella!

My birthday was grand. Thanks for the presents mom and family and the birthday emails and cards! Yes grandma and grandpa I got yours! Loved it! Thanks so much. And thanks for the cds! Heaven song is my favorite! Sorella Willey has it and I always put it on. But now I have my own for when we're not companions anymore. I got a lot of "Auguri, Sorella!" and baci (cheek kisses) in church. I LOVE the members here. Have I said that? and Sorella Willey made a fantastic birthday lunch of chicken pasta and a cake we bought at carrefour. haha. It was such a good birthday. Yes I did hang up the banner. I have pictures I'll try to send you if I have time today. 

Funny story of the week. A lot of people think we are Testimone di Geova (Jehovah's witnesses) and we get a lot of doors slammed in our face because of it. So I'm used to saying "No no no! non siamo testimone di geova!" as soon as they ask. The other day we were doing casa and a nice couple opened their door and said "siamo testimone di geova." And I immediately was "no no no siamo della chiesa di gesu cristo..." And they all just laughed and I realized what I had said. Haha. They were Jehovah's witnesses, but I thought they had asked us if we were. Ha! Oops. Guess I should be better at listening. I just get nervous doing casa sometimes! haha.

Okay, now...BABY HAZEL IS ADORABLE! Such an adorable little Jacobs baby. Can someone mail me pictures? I can't really print them out. We use the church computer and I don't want to use all the ink and paper... I'll print off one little one. But she is SO cute. Congratulations Tam and Todd! And Jonah and Preslee! How are the kids? Do they love having a new little sister. I'm glad you got my italian pregnant lady card, Tam. I laughed when I saw it. Had to send it to you. So great. I'm glad everything went well for you this time. You deserve it. I'm so happy she's here! And I LOVE the name. Hazel Ruth. How great. And adorable. And happy. Congratulations Jacobs family!!! I can't wait to meet the little gal. When she's walking around and starting to talk... haha. Make sure she knows who I am! :)

I still love Cuneo. It's been SO cold some nights. someone told us last night that it was -20 degrees celsius sometime this week, i don't know when, but that explains why i felt my toes were going to fall off and I couldn't move my face! But for the most part I'm keeping warm! I wear at least 4 layers every day, so all is well. 

Know that I am doing great here and absolutely love this work! It's hard, but oh so rewarding. I've already seen so many miracles and know there are many more to be seen. I was talking to President Wolfgramm on the phone on Saturday after we set up our baptismal date (he likes us to call him when we set up dates) and he told me about the Miracle fence that is in our mission, and how we're pushing it back every day. So great. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the true church of Christ restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. There's no way it could be anything else with everything I see and experience here! We are so blessed!

Love you all! Have a great week! Give that new baby kisses from her (future) favorite auntie! Ci sentiamo!

Sorella Forbes.




Baby Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment