I LIVE THE THE DREAM!!!
I live in Florence. I was in Milano on Monday. Genova yesterday. Took a train ride home past the Cinque Terre and leaning tower of Pisa. Going to Siena on Friday....
MAMMA MIA!!!
I am so completely full of gratitude and love for Heavenly Father. HE LOVES ME! Lo sai?
Let me explain a little bit about my life. I work in Firenze 2 with Sorella Padula, the Argentinian professional opera singer who is the BEST MISSIONARY IN THE WORLD. I work in Firenze about 3-4 days a week, but the rest of the week I am traveling. With my collega. To do exchanges with 8 other companionships of sister missionaries in the Bologna, Firenze, and Genova zones (I get to go back and scambio with sorella lopez!!!!). It is DURO! Hard. Especially considering President Wolfgramm telling us our area in Florence needs to be exemplary and "vibrant" with work. We are trying to work everything out so that that will happen. President promised us the Lord would compensate for the time we take out of our cities to fulfill this calling of sister training leaders. We got the faith. And I've got the most incredible GEM of a missionary in the world as my companion. Ce la facciamo.
Already miracles are a plenty. We had mission council in Milano on Monday and amazing things are happening. We stopped in Genova on our way home to do a 24 hour scambio with the Sorelle of Genova 2 there, who are opening a coppia. They were stressed. But we took 15 minutes when we arrived Monday night to do some finding on the streets and we both found families and set up appointments! The next day we talked about member work and forever finding and then put it into practice! Sorella Heupel and I found about 5 potentials with 3 appointments! 2 families! And Sorella Padula and Sorella Pace found 2 lessons with about 3 new potentials. It was such a day of miracles. I feel so blessed to be able to work with all these incredible sisters. They are incredible. did you know we have incredible sisters in our mission? The are INCREDIBLE!
My heart is so full of gratitude. THe Lord truly is already blessing us here in Florence. Our first night here we called our ward mission leader and built up a good relationship with him on the phone. (He's from Peru. Sorella Padula is his new best friend.) The next day we went to his house and he and his wife (the relief society president) gave us a full ward list and marked all the active members and gave us some part member families and less actives to focus on. We gave them the mission standards of excellence and they are so excited. We will work really well with them. Sunday was beautiful! It's a pretty small branch that was just dvided, but they are forte. We bore our testimonies aobut the hastening and how we are so excited to be there to serve with them in the vigna (what's the translation for that again?... vineyard maybe. ha!) alongside with the Lord. We got 5 referrals! This place is about to explode. It's been slow getting started, we've only taught 2 lessons together, but we're getting there. We'll get there! I have faith! And faith brings miracles!
About the subject of this email... Fiorentini have the CRAZIEST accent! Sorella Padula and I have been having a hoot learning the Florentine accent. I can't even describe it. That subject line is HILARIOUS! Because that is what we have heard these last couple of days. They say the c sound like an h. It's so strange. But I love it. I haven't seen much of the city. We've been on buses a lot. I caught a glimpse of the Ponte Vecchio the other day as we crossed the river, but we were contacting someone... I have seen the Duomo through the narrow streets maybe twice. Not sure how much of it I'll really get to see and enjoy, but that's okay! A good excuse to come back some day?
I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!
Vi voglio bene!!!
Sorella Forbes
ps. Sorella Wolfgramm asked me if I had a boyfriend on Monday... that was weird. President probably wouldn't have been too happy. Oh, how I love her. You would think that was hilarious if you knew her. ("Sorella! I just think you are so cute! I'm so excited!!!" while squeezing my hands tight.)
I forgot my camera cord this week... sorry! Until next week. :)
Oh, and did I mention my companion is a professional opera singer? Remember how the first day when we were making lunch she sang to us (we live with two other sisters) a song about the Ponte Vecchio? I'm just loving my life.
Thirty-one new missionaries arrived in Milan this week. Here are the
twenty-eight that arrived from the Provo MTC.
Seventeen new sorelle arrived just this week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment