29 May 2013

May 29, 2013 'La missione e la mia vita' The mission and my life...

I LOVE MY MISSION.

I just love it. Every day my heart just feels more and more filled with love. I had no idea that it was even possible! I LOVE THE WORLD!!!!

We've had a rough week. But nonetheless it has been a week of miracles. We had scambi in Genova 1, Savona, and here in Firenze 1. 

I got to go back to Savona!!! Crazy things are happening there. Sorella Lopez is rocking the work there. But they've had problems finding a new apartment and so she and her companion are getting sent to Milano 2 for at least two weeks. CRAZY! My Savona without missionaries!!! But that's fine. I know the Lord has a plan. 

Sorella Lopez and I had two great lessons. We set a baptismal date! With someone she and Sorella Jameson had found on an exchange. It was wonderful. He is truly elect and searching. The members are going to have to take good care of him for the next little bit. That sorella is so strong and incredible. She is going to continue to work miracles in her mission wherever she goes. 

And then yesterday I worked in Firenze 1 with Sorella Bucco. (BUg! SHe was your visiting teacher at Glenwood! We'll talk about that later... ha). We taught a family the first lesson and set baptismal dates with the dad and the son. The mom wasn't there until the very end but they have an appointment with them on Saturday and they are a beautiful elect family! So happy.

As far as our work here in Firenze 2... we are still having miracles but it's hard! Our average lesson count from week to week is 3. THat's bad. We're not teaching. Which means we won't be baptizing. Our miracle family from last week is still in touch with their member family friend, but for some reason not with us. We haven't seen them since last Sunday. ANd we set another date with a beautiful philipino woman on Sunday, but today on the phone she said her husband is not happy and she doesn't think she can see us again. Wah! BUt that's fine. We are praying, working, holding to our faith, and miracles will happen. We're seeking inspiriation to know what to do. We're supposed to have an exemplary area! It's not that exemplary right now and we feel bad... we'll fix it.

I LOVE MY COMPANION!!!! Mom, dad, congratulations! We have a new member of our family. I've officially adopted her into our family. Her name is Sorella Padula. She is wonderful. You will love her. She's my sister. Which makes her your daughter. Your 6th child. Auguri! 

Sorella Padula is incredible. I can't even put it into words how incredible she is. She is the definition of Preach my Gospel missionary. She is consacrated. She is full of love and charity. And has acquired all the other Christlike attributes contained in PMG chapter 6. Mamma mia... sono senza parole. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to work with her in this my last transfer. We are sisters for eternity. 

I've been loving Alma 31 this last week. I have been sharing it with these sorelle on scambio as "the key to stress free missionary work!" Let me explain... and I don't have it here in english so bear with me. This prayer that Alma offers is completely centered on Christ and the Atonement "Comfort my soul in Christ... comfort their souls in Christ..." He prays not for his circumstances to change, but for the power to support the trials that he knew would come. He prays for his companions. He prays for power and wisdom. How do we get power and wisdom? Well, power = the authority we have x (personal worthiness + prayer), and wisdom = seeking and asking for personal revelation for specific problems. But everything is centered on the Atonement. THe promise in the last verse is that "They suffered no afflictions save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ." There's no way we can have stress and suffer  when we do these things: turn outward, prayer for the enabling power to overcome and not change circumstances, seek personal specific revelation, rely on Christ... It's wonderful. THat's not just for misionary work, that can apply to real life. That's kind of a brief explanation but I hope you get the idea.

Vi voglio bene famiglia. Pray for Sorella Padula and I that we can get this work up and going. It's been up and down up and down. We need it to be up! We'll be working and praying too. 

Sorella Forbes



The Young Single Adults in Savona


 Sorella Lopez and I back together!


Sorella Padula. Isn't she cute? 


The view of the Tuscan hills we have out our window.
 I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment