22 May 2013

May 22, 2013 Sorella Padula e "il gas del lupo"

Let me explain that title.

Sorella Padula had to go to the dentist on Monday. They were expecting to have to do this big operation on her tooth. They gave her laughing gas. But in fact, it only took 30 minutes and it was a pure miracle! Prayer works! But she came out and seemed pretty normal for a second. But when we got on the bus and started talking to a man, I realized something was off. Yup, they gave my companion laughing gas. Poverina. (poor thing) I couldn't help but laugh at her. She wanted to go out and work for the last 30 minutes and didn't want to go home before 9, but I said no, sorella, we have to go home. She still wouldn't so I told her that she had to do area book and I had to call Sorella Wolfgramm. I called Sorella Wolfgramm and told her about the dentist miracle. Sorella Padula said she wanted to talk to her. "Hi Sorella Wolfgramm! I love you! I feel weird!  I talked to a man on the bus who wants to know more about mormons!" I could hear Sorella Wolfgramm talking to Sorella Padula and telling her "I'm so proud of you Sorella!" Sorella Padula was glowing. I got the phone back and Sorella Wolfgramm just said "She is a happy camper!" There's so much I could recount... We were brushing our teeth before going to bed and I told sorella Padula she was loopy because they gave her laughing gas. She says "What is loopy, Sorella? It sounds like lupo. Do you know what is lupo?" "Like a wolf, sorel?" "Yeah! They gave me lupo gas! Gas del lupo!" (gas wolf!)  I about died. And so did the other sorelle we live with. Then she got really sad and frustrated because she couldn't focus her mind on the work. She's too great. I made her go to sleep. The next morning she woke up and couldn't remember a whole lot, but what she had written in her journal gave her a good laugh. She wrote in english (she usually writes in spanish) "I feel weird. I can't think. I went to the dentist. He's awesome. Also Sorella Forbes takes me home. I love her. Good night." Oh, how i love her.

We have had another week of miracle scambi! We set two baptismal dates in Forli and two in Rimini. And two in Firenze 2!!! That's our branch! We have two baptism dates for June 12! And they have 3 kids we haven't met yet! It is a pure miracle! Let me explain.

We set a baptismal date with Francesco and Sabrina! The work here has been pretty slow since we have arrived since we opened this companionship. We are the first sisters in Firenze 2 I think ever. We both felt very strongly that we need to concentrate our efforts on the members or we will never have success. Especially with the little time we have in our city. And the members are really responding. They have been giving us so many referrals! But a lot of them are just potential referrals who we want to contact but we want to do it through the members. Ha senso? Francesco and Sabrina are two of them. They have three children. Their member friend called us on Thursday morning and said they had had them over the night before and watched some films from the church and had dinner and they were both blown away. They loved the phrase "Sono un Figlio di Dio" (I am a son of God) and it hit them really strongly. They asked when they could get baptized... ha! Whoa. Sunday we had decided to fast to be able to contact all of these potential referrals we are receiving. Cioè, we have names but not numbers or appointments. So Francesco and Sabrina came to church on Sunday. It is evident that there are some problems in the family, but we know they will see the blessings as they are beginning to learn and put into practice the gospel in their family. And we hope we can get their kids contacted soon too. We love them! They are wonderful! And they are also friends of the woman that is being baptized in Firenze 1 this week! Miracles! The Lord is blessing us. 

We got bikes! It is so wonderful! We ride along the Arno past the Ponte Vecchio almost every day. Oh,mamma, our Firenze is marvelous. And so beautiful. We almost always see American member tourists. Some of which I know. Weird! That was fun to see Colleen from our ward last week. Super weird. She thought I had a year left... MAGARI! She said "I'll see you next month!" Ahhhhh... Va bene. Moving on.

We are going to Savona tonight! Im so excited! I'm going to be with Sorella Lopez! My last born! My bimba! Oh mamma, I'm excited. We will see miracles. And then back to Genova on Friday. 

I LOVE MY LIFE! It really is the greatest. I live in Florence. I am companions with the biggest GEM in the world. I travel all over Liguria, Toscana, and Emilia-Romagna to work with other sisters. I see miracles every day. I am a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. I get to enjoy the happiness and joy that comes from sharing the gospel EVERY DAY! I don't want it to ever end... 

Tutto bene...all is well

Vi voglio bene!...I love you

Sorella Forbes




Me and my collega at the Ponte Vecchio.  She sang to me an opera song
 about it while we were there.  It was marvelous!  I love my life!



Downtown Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment