06 February 2013

February 6, 2013 - "What happened to Italy?" and Sorella Forbes Birthday Week!


Those are the famous words or Anziano Hauck. He's the new Anziano of the senior couple. We've spent a lot of time with them these last couple of days helping them get adjusted and settled in. It was a rough couple of first days for them. Monday was crazy. Let me explain.


So they came Saturday night. We met them at their apartment to let them in because we had the keys. We helped them set up a bit with the office missionaries. They were SO tired. Jet lag. But they toughed it out so they could get on a normal schedule. The next morning in sacrament meeting, Anziano Hauck bore his testimony. In italian. It was awesome! It's been about 46 years or something since he's been here, and he still speaks great italian! They came with us to our family home evening we do with the YSA on Sunday night. Oh yeah! THat's their specific calling is to work with the young single adults here in Italy. They seem to be really excited, as that is where the future of the church here in Europe. They are wonderful. 

Monday we go to their place to take them to the post office to start the Permesso di Soggiorno process, which is pretty complicated. But we step outside and they say "Uh oh, where's our car?" Yeah. It was gone. THey had parked it in a yellow space (which is handicapped. We didn't know either.) So we call a member and he starts searching for it. We go to take money off of their cards for the permesso... their cards won't give them what they need. So we couldn't do the post office that morning. So we walked to the grocery store and showed them how italian markets work. It's actually quite complicated! They wouldn't take the card at this place so they had to use cash. While we're in the store, the member who's searching for the car calls me. He called the police, the caribinieri, and the vigilio. Those who should know about towed cars. No one knows where it is. They say it's probably stolen... So we call the office and tell them. They put out an announcement. Meanwhile me and Sorella Durfee had to go to her italian laws and regulations class for the permesso for three hours. I called after and asked how they were doing. The member had found the car after calling basically all the towing companies in the city. They went to pick it up and then went to get their internet all set up so they could let their family know they made it to Italy. Well, the internet can't be set up for 20 days... mamma mia. So it was a crazy day. Anziano Hauck said "What happened to Italy?" as we were going through all these complicated processes. I guess when he was here 40 years ago it was a lot simpler. Or something. Ha! BUt they're doing so great now. We're going to a member's family house this afternoon to make pizza. They're excited. 

So that's basically all the excitement that's happened this last week. I was pretty sick and had to sleep a lot. I called Sorella Wolfgramm Wednesday night and told her I was starting to really feel a bad cold in the lungs coming on. She asked me what I was doing to take care of it and I already had some medicine (from the other times this had happened) so I told her I was taking that. She says "Are you resting?" "Uh..." "Sorella? Are you resting?!" "Well, Sorella..." " Well, you WILL rest right?!" "Yes okay, Sorella Wolfgramm I will rest." "Good. I know it's hard but you need it. REST!" So, I rested. A lot. And I kept thinking everytime I laid down to rest.. ." THis is probably thanks to my mother. She wanted me to take a break and rest, and so I'm probably sick because she prayed that I would rest and this is the Lord's way of making sure I do it..." Am I right mother? And probably father as well? Welp, thanks. I rested a lot this last week and did me a lot of good. I feel refreshed and my mind is cleared, I was able to take time to think a lot and work things out in my mind, and now I'm ready to get back to work. I probably should still be really sick, but I asked Anziano Hauck for a priesthood blessing on Sunday and the next day I woke up feeling WORLDS better. I am so grateful for the priesthood. We are blessed. 

Berta is doing so great! she's ready to get baptized and would be getting  baptized this week, but she's been sick too so we are postponing for the 16th. She is so wonderful and so ready. 

And  we're staying the same here in Savona this transfer. I forgot to put that in ... woops! Ha!

10 Sorelle are coming in next transfer.  By June, there will be 40 something new sisters in this mission!  Some will be training 2 at one time...mamma mia...Craziness!  The Lord has big plans for Italy/the world!

The pictures are from last week when we went to our investigator who lives in Spotorno. It's beautiful! That first picture, the top balcony on the right is hers. It's a wonderful view of the sea. But also, they are doing really great. They investigated the church about a year ago, but they've kept reading the Book of Mormon. We'll see how things go with them. 

Well, I love you lots family! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Can you believe I'm going to be 23?! I can't. Mamma mia. I'm old. I don't know what I'll be doing. We have an appointment next Tuesday night and have correlation with our WML. So I'll probably be partying next P-day. 

Love you family! Buona Settimana!

Sorella Forbes
 Sportono, Italy




Compagni  in Spotorno, Italy


This picture is of my future house/dream house. It's on the mountain right above 
our investigator with terraces for olive trees. 
It's wonderful. 
I want it... Sea view but in the mountains! What a dream! :)


Hi family...




1 comment: