20 February 2013

February 20, 2013 - Never give up, Never give up, Never give up!

Those are the words of President Monson to all European missionaries. But let me tell you, as President Wolfgramm was telling us this story yesterday, I felt those words were meant just for me.

Yesterday we had interviews/training in Genova. Yesterday morning I was really debating in my mind whether or not we should go because I felt so miserable. But something told me I needed to go and i pretty quickly i felt well enough to go. The Haucks took us in their car too so that was a plus. When we go to conferences I usually like to think about a question I need answered a few days before and then pray about it. THe question I wrote in my notebook for this training was "How can I better endure to the end?" well, this training was tailor made for me and that particular question. President told us a story of how Anziano Tisheira (spelling?) of the area presidency came to speak to all the stake and district presidents. He had just been in salt lake and had dined with President Monson a few times. But on the last night he asked President Monson if he had anything he should tell the missionaries in Europe. He said President Monson stood up, squared his shoulders to him, and pointing at him said " Never give up. Never give up. Never give up." It hit me hard in the heart. Heavenly father loves me and has truly called a prophet today!

And then after that story, the APs talked about doing things "The hard way" They compared it to this photo of a river that goes from the top of a mountain and works it's way down, taking the path of least resistance. They compared it to a scripture in D&C about how the Lord's path is a straight one and he never doth vary. At times we may want to take the path of least resistance, but we need to do things the hard way. This is hard! We all know it. But we can do it because Christ overcame all. 

And THEN Sorella Wolfgramm, whom I love so dearly, talked about this and how in the end the hard way becomes the easy way. She called it the "heart" way instead. Because it becomes a part of us, it changes us, it makes us better. And we do it with our heart because we love the Lord. 

That is a very brief summary of the amazingness yesterday. I was so glad to be there. We have inspired leaders. I'm ready to get out and WORK. As soon as this second round of sickness goes away.

Yes. I'm sick. Again. And it's making me mad. I was fine until coming home from the baptism on Saturday (I'll talk more about that...). I felt like I had been hit by a train. And my head weighed 200 kilos. We went to church on Sunday and then came home and I had a fever. So we stayed in and I tried to rest. No work done. Monday I had to get up and go to the questura to renew my permesso. After I was exhausted. Still had a fever. Came home and went to bed. Yesterday we got up and I was feeling miserable again but then prayed and felt well enough to go to the conference (by now my fever was gone). After we came home and I was so exhausted and miserable we just stayed in. Again, no work done. Maybe some area book here and there and Sorella Durfee made some calls, but it's frustrating. Our teaching pool is very shallow right now and I'm anxious to find more people, but my body is saying "Sit down! I'm tired." ha. So that's what we've been doing. Today is better. I still need rest and am dreading climging this hill tonight for an appointment. ah.

BAPTISM!!!! Bertha was baptized! It was so wonderful. We were in the church getting everything ready before and Bertha was waiting in the hall with her sister after changing into her white dress. I came out and they both had tears in their eyes they were so happy. Bertha was beaming afterwards and in church on Sunday she said hi to everyone like they were all her best friends. And had been for years. She is so happy and radiant! It was a happy night and there was a good turnout from the branch as well to support her. This branch is really growing fast! I might have said last week, but we have been approved for a new chapel! So they're looking for something bigger for our little branch that is growing like crazy. 

Not much else has been happening. I've been pretty sick. blah. Hopefully I'll have more exciting stories for you next week.

As far as talk on the pope... maybe it's because I haven't been out a whole lot but I still haven't heard a lot of talk. Not many people like the catholic church here... you'd be surprised at how many people don't really care. It's kind of sad, really.

Anyway, Pray for me to get better! I need it. I'm grateful for all the prayers already. 

HAve a happy week! 

Sorella Forbes

Cleaning the baptismal font...


 Sorella and Anziano Hauck


Pictures of Bertha's baptism...so exciting! 
 She was so happy...




The garden at our Ward Mission Leader's home. 
 We went there for lunch before the baptism.


 Sorella Durfee


 Me being goofy with the camera.
 Walking to the car from our Ward Mission Leaders house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment