13 February 2013

February 15, 2013 - Tanti Auguri a ME! 'Happy Birthday to ME!'



It was my birthday yesterday. Ask Sorella Durfee. She knows. I was on the countdown everyday for a week. I like birthdays. I love that in our family we love birthdays so much.

My birthday was fairly uneventful. Ha. Let me go through my day:
I woke up. I exercised. I showered. I got ready. I ate some breakfast of my favorite cereal (MASTER KRUMBLE! All you former Italian missionaries know...). I studied. Then I companion studied. Then we went to an appointment in centro. One new investigator! She's wonderful. From Nigeria. A friend of Happy. Our other Nigerian investigator. We went and bought a space heater I've been wanting for WEEKS but the store has always been closed when we go. No more being cold during studies! We made some lunch... I made Zucchini risotto! which was kind of a fail because I added too much rice and not enough spice. But considering it was my first time: WIN! and language studied. We get a call. Appointment with a less active cancelled. We spend some time finding our part member families and less actives in the area book. That's our district focus this transfer. We go to the church for an appointment with our GANS friend Joselin. Someone broke into the church. We manage to get in even with a broken lock. Someone trashed the branch president's office and broke open all the locked cabinets...yikes. We call the members who say they'll be there later. Our appointment doesn't show up. We salute Joselin and go to do some finding. We knock lots of doors for lots of hours... no luck. We go get a few dolci (it is my birthday...) and head to the next apointment with Berta and family. They are at the door "come tomorrow!" Fine... we go knock on more doors in an area where we've wanted to knock for a long time. We find a family! They said we can come  back on Friday to talk more. Happy Birthday Sorella Forbes. On the way home, we stop for some pizza napoletana. Capricciosa for me Pesto for Sorella Durfee. We go home. Plan. Eat. Chill. Go to sleep.

That was my birthday. It was great. Nothing out of the ordinary really. It beats last birthday (ER with Sorella Willey...was that really a YEAR ago?!) But I had little birthday celebrations here and there. Sunday a member invited us to their home in the mountains for lunch. It was beautiful and you can see the sea from their house up there on the mount and the meal was delicious. Full italian meal! We were there for way too  long though. Note to self: Never accept invites to lunch by members who live an hour away after church again if you plan on doing anything for the rest of the evening...Yeah. Stress. We got back late to go to the GANS FHE at the Haucks place and they sang to me and Sorella Hauck made me a cake. They are the sweetest. Sorella Durfee gave me this little tiny baby Bible that she bought in Genova! I have been coveting it (yes... I know that's a commandment...) for weeks. Now I don't have to haul my giant heavy bible everywhere. I'll send a picture. Happy day! I can't believe I'm 23... mamma mia.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Siete i migliori!

Berta is getting baptized on Saturday! She's so excited and so ready and happy. She was glowing on Sunday when they announced the baptism and had her stand up so everyone knew who she was. And even more when she tried on the white dress. I'm so excited for her! She's all interviewed and ready to go. We love Berta!

There were SO many people in church this SUnday. Our tiny chapel was more than overflowing. MEmbers of the stake leaders were there and they told us we have been approved from Salt Lake for a new chapel! We are the only ones to apply and get accepted on the first time. Woop! So tI think they have a place and we might be there by April. Speriamo. We need more space for this growing branch. They are also probably going to find us a new apartment. Maybe. I hope. The Lynchs from the office came over with the Haucks

About the Pope resigning... hadn't yet heard about that... When did that happen? I'm kind of behind on world news. Although you would think that would be a huge thing here... Interesting...

I didn't get to read all of your emails, family. There were kind of a lot this week so I'm printing them all out to read. 

I'm doing well. I am finding that at times it is a real struggle to endure to the end. But I am doing my best and trying to really push myself. I want to make these next couple of months the greatest and most successful and most hard worked months of my LIFE! Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. 

Love you all family! Hope everyone is well! Buona settimana!

Sorella Forbes


Birthday Risotto I made for lunch...


Pizza for Birthday dinner...Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment