10 January 2013

January 9, 2013 New Area

I don't have a whole lot to report this week. It's kind of been a crazy week! We have a lot going on here that is not part of normal missionary work. A lot of situations I've never had to deal with before and never would have thought I would face, especially on the mission. But we're doing good! Pushing on. Our transfer theme is "AVANTI ANDIAM!" It's the title of my favorite hymn, Press Forward Saints. And so we are doing it. Little did we know how perfect that theme was! 

MIRACLE: Last night we had an appointment fall through. So we went to pass by a potential who doesn't have a phone to try to set up an appointment. On the way, we were waiting to cross the street and I started talking to the woman next to me. I asked her if she was crossing and she said yes. The light turned green and we started crossing expecting her to cross with us. She had seen someone she knew on the other side and stayed behind. I was sad because I had missed the chance to invite her and now the light was turning red again and we couldn't go back. So we went on to the palazzo where our potential lived. By the time we locked up our bikes and went in to the palazzo, this woman was there waiting for the elevator! She had to go to the same floor as us. We asked her a bit about herself as we rode up the elevator. We got out and started a teach to find. She says "It's too cold out here to talk!" And started walking to her door. Not sure what to do I started reaching for a bigliettino. She turns and says, "are you in a hurry?" "Uh, no?" "Do you want to come in and talk?" "YES!" So she let us in, we met also her daughter, used the "how to begin teaching" skills we worked on at Zone Training, introduced them to the Book of Mormon, and set up a return appointment. It was perfect! They are now to new investigators we are so excited to teach. Miracles! 

 Savona is beautiful. It is warmer than Milano! Last week it was way warm and feeling like spring. This week it's cold and windy. We are on bikes! I'm so happy! I missed the bici. I feel like Savona will get me back into shape. There are a lot of hills. :)

We had zone training on Monday in Alessandria and I saw Sorella Mancuso! She's so great. They're doing good work in Collegno. She's with Sorella Willis from Florida who knows my friend Kaycie. Small world!

I'm tired. I'm exhausted. But still loving being a missionary. It still is the greatest in the world.

Love you family! I hope all is well! Happy travels from Australia parentals! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIAH!!!  A card is coming your way. AS is one coming to Jonah. Super late, but coming. :)

Sorella Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment