Buon giorno from a cold SUPER rainy and SUPER windy Savona. It does not make for a happy Sorella Forbes. We probably should not have even ridden our bikes here to do email today. I'm soaked. And a little freezing. We had big plans for P-day, because I need to send you some pictures from my city on the sea. But, alas, you probably won't get any any time soon. Maybe next week. Vediamo. IT's cold and wet outside. Non mi piace. (I do not like.)
Things are going good here in Savona! Our lesson count this last week wasn't that great. We are doing a LOT of finding and building up our teaching pool. We've got some really great potentials that I'm really excited about. We are still searching for our strong young family that is going to help grow this little amazing branch here. No luck yet. But I talk to just about every woman I see with a stroller. None of them are really interested so far and just keep walking... DON'T THEY KNOW I CAN TEACH THEM HOW TO BE WITH THEIR FAMILIES FOREVER?! It's weird, you would think eternal families would be more appealing to people...
Yesterday we were walking along the pista ciclabile where, on a nice day, lots of people are out and about. We stopped a woman who didn't speak italian so I asked her if she spoke english and yes! She was from Minnesota. I think that was the first American I had ever stopped. And I was SUPER weirded out by what she said to me: "I think it's just important that we live well, that we do good to others, that we enjoy our lives..." Jaw dropped. Want to know why? Well, here's the thing, this is not the first time I've heard this. I hear it from just about every other person we stop who doesn't want to talk. But this was strange because this was an american woman! Not an italian! It's a worldwide epidemic! No, people. You can not be saved just be being a good person. That will only bring a terrestrial glory. If you want to receive eternal life (cioè, live with God and Jesus Christ in eternal families with eternal happiness and a fulness of joy), you have to be obedient to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. It seems so simple to me. I'm trying to work on my simplicity to help people understand. I love them so much! Yesterday we stopped a man and right off the thought "Oo! He'd be a good priesthood leader!" Came to my mind. But in the end he told me that I needed to know the Bible better and realize that there can be no prophets after Christ... I had so many retorts to shoot back his way, but refrained and just bore a testimony as he walked off yelling to me that one day I will remember his name because he was the one that had warned me I would never see the kingdom of Heaven if I continued on così. (there isn't a translation for that word...). I just felt sad. I don't like when people try to tell me my testimony (knowledge received from God...) is nonsense. Well, that's fine. At least I know. That's one of the hardest things about being a missionary. I desire so much the salvation of these people we meet everyday, but a lot of times they just don't want to listen, or don't think it's important, or have other things to do... frustration. But it still makes me happy everyday trying to share. I do my best.
Miracles are still happening! I am so blessed to be a part of this work. I know that it is the Lord's and he guides us. There are too many miracles that i have seen for it NOT to be the Lord's work.
We get a senior couple here next week! I'm really excited. They are going to work with the GANS (YSA). I love working with senior couples!
Well, buona settimana, cara famiglia mia. Happy baptism to Niah! I'll be thinking about you all day on Saturday! Auguri!
No comments:
Post a Comment