And yes, I'm getting transferred to the beautiful city of Savona. A city on the coast of the Mediteranean sea. I'm so excited! The region of Liguria is beautiful! And they are famous for foccacia and pesto. Two of my favorite things. :) The work has been going really well there this last transfer. We'll be praying to be able to keep that up. I'll be with Sorella Durfee! I'm a little bit sad to be leaving Milano because we have so many great golden people here! But that's alright. They will be in good hands.
Our Christmas was so fantastic. First, our Christmas zone conference was a blast! So many marvelous things to tell... let me summarize. Our training was about opening up and bearing more powerful more personal testimonies. Then they had the "dying missionaries" bear their testimonies. Sorella Lloyd bore the most amazing testimony I do believe I have ever heard. I shed quite a many a tear. Oh I love that woman. I will miss her dearly as will the people here in Italy. Her homecoming with be Jan. 14th if you want to go, parentals. In Lehi. I'll see if I can get the exact info. She is so wonderful. We had great times in Pordenone together. Then Sorella Lloyd sang O Holy Night with Sorella Lyman on the violin. Then the Wolfgramms talked about Christmas. Then we did the nativity "alla Wolfgramm" and sang Christmas carols while everyone was getting ready. That was a hoot. It included President playing the role of Rudolf. Heel-clicks included. That was a happy moment. Then we watched some clips of the life of Christ. Then President and Sorella Wolfgramm gave us all scarves and ties to unite us as a mission. It is beautiful. I love the Wolfgramms!
OUr Christmas Eve was quite wonderful as well. We taught a beautiful lesson with Sara, Gianni's daughter. Then we went and sang at the Duomo with the other Milano missionaries. Then we went to midnight mass. Then we went home and slept until 7:30. Then for Christmas we went to the church at Milano Lampugnano and watched a Disney movie with the Sorelle there. Then we went to lunch at the Dulin family's home. Best philipino meal ever! Then we went home and slept for a bit. Then we went and talked to you! Then we went home and I wrote a letter to myself to be opened next Christmas (our teachers in the MTC to do this last year and I've decided to make it a tradition. Mine from last year was pretty great.) It was such a fun Christmas! My favorite was singing carols at the Duomo. We sang a few others that were not quite Christmas, but still brought a good spirit (Called to Serve, the mission hymn, the Spirit of God, Joseph Smith's first prayer... ha... It was the Anziani's idea.) That was fun to spread some Christmas spirit to everyone there.
It's been a good week. I love being a missionary. It's the best time of my life. I can't wait to talk hours on end to you about everything that happens here. There is no way I could possibly include everything. Ever. But I will talk for hours on end about everything.
Be ready. :)
Love you so much family! Wish me buon viaggio (good trip) to Savona! Transfers actually aren't until Friday. So I'll leave Friday morning. I'm excited. Vi voglio bene! Buon Natale!
(I love you! Merry Christmas!)
Sorella Forbes
Sorella Forbes and Dear Sorella Wolfgramm, the Mission Mom.
The Mission Nativity
Me and Sorella Cano, our dear RS President here.
I may or may not have offered to let her come stay with us in a year or two.
She wants to visit Salt Lake with her daughter. She's amazing.
And then Via Meda on Christmas Eve.
This is pretty close to our apartment. We are blessed.
Us and the Assistenti. We've served in the same ward for quite some time!
Now we're all being split up. Bummer deal. They are awesome.
Anziani Herrington and Sciaretta.
Our Christmas choir at the Duomo!
All the Sorelle on Christmas Eve.
Someone gave us all roses while we were singing... ha!
Christmas lunch with the Dulins!
Hi Sorella Forbes family! My name is Sister Maria Hanson. I enjoy reading your daughter's blog. My daughter is in the Milan Mission, Sorella Alison Hanson and she just got transferred from Verona to Milan where Sorella Forbes was. Anyway I just wanted to say Hello. I have a blog Floridahansons.blogspot.com.
ReplyDelete