Buon giorno tutti! I'm still here in Milano. Still loving my life. My life this last week has been great. Well, it's great every week, but I live in Italy. So that's expected. We've been so busy!
Friday we had the dance activity with the youth! It was great! We had about 8 youth come (including Karla, our investigator, Martin's daughter) and an older member who's kids wanted her to come check it out so they could come the next time if it was good. We're doing it again on Saturday. And they're coming. I guess everyone had fun. It was so weird teaching hip hop! I've been a missionary for a year now. And I haven't really danced for a year. But oh, it feels so good to dance. I'm so grateful. This Friday we are going to Bergamo so Sorella Lyman can play the violin in a concert there. We're just going all over the place. I'm so grateful for the opportunities we have to share our talents on our missions! We truly are blessed.
We had our first snow this last week! It has been so cold! We are layering up like crazy and staying warm. We've spent a lot of time outside ringing citofonos. We're always really grateful when someone let's us in.
I'm really excited about a lot of these potentials we have right now. They seem to really be prepared. It's still just been a problem trying to set up appointments with them. Especially at this time of year it seems everyone is working doubly hard. It's quite frustrating sometimes.
Abby is still so great and wanting to get baptized. She wasn't able to come to church one week so we told her we would have to postpone the baptismal date, and she was disappointed, but then just looked up and said "okay when can I baptize?" And we told her the 22 of December. And she said she would be gone so "I will baptize the 29." Okay! We can do that. ha. She's reading the Book of Mormon every day and is praying and really sees that this will change her life and bring her closer to God and Christ. She's a champ. We just need to finish teaching her all the commandments and hopefully she'll have her interview next week and she'll be good to go. She's so sweet! Our philipino members all love her. They were so excited when she walked into church on Sunday. They'll take good care of her.
Remember how last week I told you we were going to a big fair? Well, remember how it was the greatest thing ever?! They had stands from every part of the world. Italy had it's own pavilions. It was huge! Every region of Italy also had their own section and we tried a lot of food samples. I bought a wood carving from Alto-Adige, Fiorentino paper and journal, really warm socks from i don't remember where, and some goodies I'm actually sending home. I don't know if I can even describe it fully to you... I want to come back to it. Every year. It was amazing! Mom, you told me to buy a nativity. I tried. They had woodcarved nativities that were SO BEAUTIFUL! And I wanted one so bad. But they were way too pricey. We're talking 200 euros for a little one. So I just bought a hand carved Holy Family, With Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, a cow and a donkey. I like it. It's small, but means a lot to me. That's what's important. All the wood carving stands reminded me of all the wood carvings in Oberammergau when we went to Germany. I was in heaven at this fair! I think I spent all of my Christmas money. ha! We went to the Europe pavilion. I heard bagpipes. And we speedily walked towards the sound. They were calling to me. I'm scottish. I loved it. I wish we could have had more time there because we didn't even get to the Asia or Africa pavilions! BUt mama mia, it was beautiful. I'll be returning some day to that.
Right now the lights in my life are Martin's family. Karla and Karin. His daughter and his ex. They are so beautiful and ready for the gospel. They've both accepted soft invites. Karla doesn't really understand baptism or even much about Christ, so tonight we're talking about that. And Karin loves talking about God and has so much faith! We're talking more with her about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon tomorrow. I love them!!!
Oh yeah, I went to Como on Monday. Remember how I love my life? Como is gorgeous! And the chapel there is even more gorgeous! It's the old italian villa of a cardinal. But they've redone it all nice and it is wonderful. There is still a panel with the Madonna and Christchild on the outside of the building. I love that they left it. It's beautiful. Ha. I'll send you pictures.
Tonight Sorella Bush and Sorella Beutler are coming here for scambio. And I finally get to be with Sorella Bush! We're really excited. Finally on our fourth blitz together, we get to be companions. Happiness and joy. We're all going to see the Last Supper today too! It will be a fun day.
I'm good! The work is good! We're working hard. I'm really excited for the way things are going. Milano is doing great. The Lord is preparing so many people here to receive the Gospel.
I'm so grateful to be a part of it!
Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Forbes
No comments:
Post a Comment