06 June 2012

June 6, 2012 - Un Nuovo Trasferimento

Si! It's a new transfer. And I would say Sorella Walton and I have gotten a good start. At interviews in Mestre a few weeks ago we were talking about finding, and Sorella Wolfgramm suggested we look for talents and people that our wards need. Sorella Walton and I decided that our ward needs a young italian family, married parents and two kids. And I think we found them yesterday! They were out in their yard in Corva and we had a nice conversation/lesson and we hope they'll come to church on Sunday! Anyway, that was a miracle. We have never been out to Corva but yesterday we had lots of finding time so we decided to go out of Pordenone for a while, and Corva just so happened to be where we ended up. Miracles!

So much I want to talk about this week! First of all, I love living with an italian. One of the pictures here is what we came home to Sunday night, to celebrate the end of a successful transfer. It was delicious! Family! I have learned how to make real pasta sauce! Hold on to your hats. I'll make it for you. In a year. Ha! PS Sorella Modugno recognized me when we met from two years ago. We went to her ward with my study abroad! And if any of my study abroad friends are reading this... remember Dennis? Who translated for us in Sacrament meeting and taught our sunday school class? It's her brother! Crazy. Awesome.  He also translated for the prophet at the Temple groundbreaking ceremony. Also, her being from Rome, we hear all kinds of awesome stories about the Vatican and the Rome temple etc. etc. I just love her. She's really helping my italian skills too. 

We had a plumbing emergency this last week. Remember how our toilet is from 1823? Okay, exaggeration, but it almost died. We had a leak. We couldn't flush it. Because it sprayed water everywhere. Luckily, a new convert is a plumber! She's the new convert from the American ward and she came over and fixed us all up for now and she's going to come and replace a bunch of stuff when she has more time. I just love her. 

Remember how I'm in Italy? And how I love Italians? And how Italians love soccer? Well this last Saturday, there was a soccer tournament in Mestre with 7 wards/branches. Our team took 2nd! (supposedly they should have won and there was a big to do... but whatevs...) But they had the team captain come up. In Sacrament meeting. And they had him show the ward the trophy. Ha! I love Italy!

We made friends with some neighbors of the church. They have a cherry tree orchard. They let us pick fresh cherries. And eat them. And they want to come to church. They are these old people that go out and pick cherries all day every day in May for 6 weeks! They have 10 siblings and when their parents died they all split upu this land so now they all just work it together with their spouses. They are so great! I'll send you a picture of the cherry picking some day.

So the mosquitos have discovered me. Did you know italian mosquitos HURT? Cuz they do. And my leg is covered with pretty red spots. And they got me on the forhead.  And on the cheek. While I was sleeping! We pulled out the fan to solve that problem. And there are these teeny little flies that are everywhere! Especially when it's rainy. We'll get to an appointment and look down at our clothes and have little flies all over us. It's gross. sometimes they get ya right in the eye. It's gross. But hey, that's fine. 



Thank you for the emails and love and support and prayers! I really do feel it and know that I think about you and pray for you all! Oh and mom, I just got the little package this last week with the paper clips and the little bird and the Facebook love notes. Haha. I loved it. It's nice to know I still exist in that world that is SO far away from me right now. Love you all! Veramente! Sono gratissima di tutto che fate per me. Vi voglio bene!   (Really! I am grateful for everything you do for me. I love you!)
Sorella Forbes


Ps the other two pictures: Sunset from Roveredo in Piano, where the Jacobs live and la Sorella Walton and a rainbow! See it? It was a gorgeous evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment