Friday morning, we're out walking around finding some souls to bring unto Christ, and Sorella Walton confesses to me "Sorella, I've been praying that Francesco would have a desire to cut his hair..." I told you how his hair is longer/thicker than mine right? Well we're sitting at the church Friday evening before our appointment with him, he's a little bit late which is totally weird because he's always early. Anyway, I'm watching out the window and up the driveway he comes on his bike. I say "Here he....NO! SORELLA!!! GUARDA!!!" She looks out the window and we both kind of let out little squeals and giggles and Sorella Walton exclaims "I prayed for that!" He chopped his hair off. Now he's just got a little buzz haircut. Did you know God answers prayers? Because he does... haha. Anyway, Francesco is doing so great. He's got permission from his parents to be baptized too! Really progressing. He is so elect! We explained the Plan of Salvation and he just gets it all. It's like he knew it all along or something. ha! Elect!
Ramat accepted a soft baptismal invite! He's the one from Afghanistan. We've taught him 3 times since we found him last Tuesday, and he is so ready for the Gospel! Our lessons with him have been really great. I'm really glad I had the experience of teaching a Muslim investigator in Cuneo. I feel like that really prepared me for Ramat, because everything is a clean slate for him. He didn't know what baptism was, but we explained and he said yes he wants it! So happy. We've been bringing members to his lessons also and they are really helping him and loving him. One offered him a job. Ha. Gotta love these members.
So I'm going to Tahiti on my honeymoon! Wanna know how I know? Well after our lesson with our new convert Mario and his wife Luisa (she's from Tahiti), Luisa started talking about how her mother still lives in Tahiti and she is real blood and has her own island... and after the mission we can go stay on the island. All we have to do is pay for the journey and she'll take care of the rest! Yeah, that's fine...
It is SO HOT here. Everyone we talk to says this is not normal for Pordenone. Why now?! Yesterday Sorella Walton and I had 6 appointments, so we were here and there and everywhere in the heat. I wanted to die at the end of the day. We're drinking lots of water. We sweat a lot. And a lot of sweat attracts more of those little fly things that are everywhere. Yummy right? And being in Italy, we don't have air conditioning in the apartment... meno male we have 4 fans that we bring from room to room with us. Ha! It is deathly. The other night we all woke up sweating because it was so hot. So now we've worked out the system so we have a fan by the window blowing in the cooler air, and then another fan on the other side of the room on the opposite rotating cycle, so air is always blowing on us. Ha! We're brilliant. And we just sleep ontop of our beds. Last night I even went to the next level and went to bed with cold wet hair. That was lovely. So that's adding another challenge onto all the other already difficult challenges of missionary work, but we're praying for the strength and energy we need. And getting it. And drinking lots of water. And we're getting by. I've also just learned to not look at my reflection throughout the day. The good thing is I haven't been sunburned yet! Remember how European sun loves me? I'm pretty brown. I guess. At least that's what Sorella Walton tells me...
Have I told you how much I love my dear Sorella Walton? I do. Just so much. I have learned so much from her. I hate that she is going home in three weeks. That's rude... It's hard becoming so close to these lovely companions after 12 weeks and then they go home and you won't see them again for a YEAR! Yeah... rude... but that's fine... we'll be best friends for the rest of forever.
Anyway, life is good here in Pordenone. We are teaching some really amazing people here and literally watching them change before our eyes. I'll tell you about Ebenezer next week. He's been quite the adventure... but he is so great. Also we found a girl in the area book a few weeks ago that we feel like we should get in touch with. Her name is Madelin. She had a baptismal date a year ago and then just suddenly stopped seeing the missionaries. But we met with her this week and she wants to start again! So that's happy.
I'm good here! It sounds like you are all good wherever you are! Vi voglio tanto bene! Buona settimana!
Sorella Forbes
Sorella Walton and I in the rose gardens by the
Modern and Contemporary art museum right by our house.
Giant cactus at our Ward mission leader's house. I thought of Harry Potter... of course... It might have been their Sirius Black dog that isn't in this picture that added to the visual... ha.
Lesson with Luisa and Mario. I love them!!! Sweethearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment