14 December 2011

Email - December 14, 2011 Che cosa sta facendo?!

The subject of this email is an italian phrase we love. It means "What the heck are you doing?" We say it all the time. Others... Lascia mi stare! (leave me alone)... menaggia! (dang...) Che cosa succede?! (what is happening?!), among many others. The italian language is so gorgeous. I'm convinced more and more every day that it is the most beautiful language on the planet, and definitely the most logical. Another phrase I love... Sogni d'oro! It''s what they say when they say sweet dreams. It means "dreams of gold!" pretty no? We had a day on Monday where we decided to speak italian all day! We got until about 6 o clock and then needed to speak english... haha but we''re getting there! It''s amazing how much we can already do in just our fourth week! This keyboard is weird so excuse me if there are some grammatical errors... haha.
So I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! So much. We got our Atheist investigator to pray and it was the most spiritual experience we''ve had yet. I was just going on and on in italian and at times I had no idea what I was saying, and then I found myself asking him to pray and he said he''d try. And it was the most beautiful prayer I''ve heard. I wanted to cry after. The spirit was so incredibly strong. After he prayed my companion invited him to be baptized. He said not yet but it still is amazing to see how the spirit works through us. There is no greater feeling than seeing someone open their hearts a little bit more to hear the gospel. And this isn''t even real yet! I can''t wait to experience it in Italy. I know it will be even harder, but I'm gearing up for that and really trying to do all I can to prepare.
We''ve had some GREAT speakers this last week. On Sunday, Ann Dibb came and spoke in Relief Society. She talked a lot about the prophet and I LOVED it. She said that the prophet's favorite color is yellow and he will always shake someone's hand if they are wearing yellow. ALSO, she said he loves red heads and will always shake their hands too. Sorella Bush and I were super excited about that. But then she said it was because he thought they got made fun of the most... especially the boys. Haha. But I still loved it! It was so great hearing personal stories about our prophet. She also told an amazing story about why the prophet was late to Conference in October. But she asked us not to share that too widely because it was more personal, so maybe when I get home and ask me and I will tell you. It was amazing and a true confirmation of how the Lord works and hears and answers everyone's prayers. Sunday night the BYU Men's chorus came and sang for us in a Musical devotional. It was beautiful. Last night Sister Elaine Dalton came and spoke to us. Her talk was amazing! I couldn't write fast enough while taking notes. Afterward Sorella Clark and I wanted to see if we could meet her. We did! She hugged me and then took my arm and looked right at me and said "I am so proud of you," and then looked around at the rest of the small group that was gathered and said it to them too. Then she looked back at me and said, "you know what the greatest weapon you sisters have for preaching the gospel? It's your smiles!" She was so sweet and took the time to talk to all of us. There were about 20 that stayed after to meet her. It was an amazing experience. She also told us we have some very special visitors coming this month to the MTC, but she wouldn't tell us who! I'm too excited!
Oh! Monday night we had a great experience. Tuesday morning the four Anziani that have been here for 9 weeks left for Italy! So Monday night all the Italian Sorelle and Anziani gathered for a little devotional and the four bore their testimonies to us. The spirit was so strong! I love all of them and am so excited for the people of Italy! They are great Anziani.
Mom and Dad! Please tell the bishopric thank you for the Christmas card. And also a thanks to Abby Olson (Clint's daughter) for the nice letter. That was so sweet. Also, Mom! I forgot to tell you, but I saw your friend my first Sunday here and she gave me a hug. She's sweet. I'll keep an eye out for her. Nat! Thanks for the Christmas card. That picture is SO cute. I loved what Niah was doing. haha. It's hanging above my bed now. And Mom! Thanks for the great package with the Rolos and Yorks. My favorites. My roommates appreciated too. You're the bestest.
I forgot to tell you last week, but our P-days are like this: We get up at 6:30, laundry @ 7, temple session @ 10, lunch, email, letters, 30 minute hot shower (one of my favorite things of the week... haha), and then study or do whatever else we need to do. We have dinner at 5:30 and class at 6:15-9:15. P-days are great. Today we did initiatories and a session since the temple is closing this saturday for two weeks. Kind of a bummer, but our zone gets to clean it on the 28th so that's exciting! I love the temple.
Love you all! Thank you for your love and support. I feel your prayers and I thank you for them. Enjoy this Christmas season too! It's the most wonderful time of the year! Til next week. Ciao!
Sorella Forbes
p.s. a member of our branch presidency told us that for Christmas we will probably have one big sacrament with everyone somehow with some very special guest speakers... Excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment