10 April 2013

April 10, 2013 Non avete nessun idea.... "You have no idea"

Dear family,

You have NO idea what I just went through this week.

But before I tell you about that, let's talk about CONFERENCE!

The spiritual FEAST of conference!

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! I get so excited in the month leading up to it.

HOW LUCKY ARE WE TO GET TO LISTEN TO GOD'S CHOSEN SERVANTS HERE ON THE EARTH SPEAK TO THE ENTIRE WORLD?!?!

I'd say we are pretty dang lucky. Especially in this crazy world. We need prophets. And boy, did they set us straight this weekend.

I have yet to hear Elder Holland's talk, but apparently it was really great? I haven't seen the Sunday afternoon session yet! Not sure when I will. But it seems there is a lot of buzz about that one.

Let's talk about Elder Nelson and missionary work. Or President Uchtdorf and "walking in the light." So much to say about President Monson and his incredible memory and hilarious sense of humor. OBEDIENCE! That was incredible.

REally, I don't know what to say. There is so much to say about it. But here's the overlying sentiment that I had about conference:

HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME! How many questions did I have answered? How many moments did I have where something that was said went right to my heart because it was something I needed or an answer I was searching for for an investigator? I know that God has called men on the earth as prophets to guide and direct us toward our salvation. If we listen to them, ponder on what they say, put it into practice... we will never feel lost in this constantly changing world. They are the anchor that we need to live happier lives full of peace and happiness that LASTS through any trial. I love our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and know that he is called of God. I feel it in my heart every time he speaks. 

WE ARE SO BLESSED! 

Okay, now a little bit about this last week: the most difficult week of my mission. And I won't even tell you all the details because there is not the time nor the sanity. Ha.

Enrico disappeared. We saw him on Wednesday and taught him about Following the Prophet, prepped him for General Conference, and he was so excited. Friday we were in the church after having quite a difficult encounter with someone who seriously challenged our authority and capacity to do this work and were feeling quite giù (uh... down). Enrico doesn't show up to his appointment. We go outside and wait for him there for a bit. Still doesn't come. We race our bikes to his apartment. And leave a pass along card with a note for him reminding about his baptismal interview the next day. Saturday morning we go back to see if we see him (remember, he doesn't have a phone) and no one had been home all night! So we're feeling a little worried. He NEVER misses appointments and he is ALWAYS home when we pass by, waiting for us reading his Book of Mormon. He didn't come to his baptismal interview or conference after. We pass by Sunday and still no one had been home. We call our ward mission leader and he says to pass by some people in the morning and see if any one has heard from him, and then to let him know and he would start calling hospitals and the police. Monday we pass by and it looks like someone had passed by his house, so that eased our worries just a bit, but he still wasn't home and he didn't come to the church that afternoon. AH!!! At this point we don't know what to do. Yesterday we were out of Savona trying to cnotact some referrals who weren't home and then just felt to hop on the first bus back. We get off the stop closest to the church and we hear "Sorella Lopez!" I almost fell over out of relief. It was Enrico! He hurries up to us and I wanted to hug him so bad I was so relieved! (I didn't.) He said he had been in the hospital for 3 days because he was having a hard time breathing. He had been waiting and passing by the church since Monday morning trying to find us, then felt he needed to walk down this street. He's usually on the other side but felt he should cross over "per causo" (it was NOT by chance) and he ran into us. We said "That was the spirit!" And we laughed and talked and all is well now. Mamma mia... investigators become like your children. I was missing a child for 5 days. Never lose your children. It is not a happy feeling.

We are postponing the baptisms until the 20th for this and for other crazy reasons. BUT all is well. We are happy. Laughing. Joking. And getting out of Savona and going to Genova today for P-day. Getting out of dodge for the day. Che stress. I was tempted a few times to call President: "President, get me out of here! Take me out of Savona! It's too hard!" Ha. Seriously. But meno male we have our wonderful Savior who has been holding us up this last week. I would not have survived without that. I know He's here with us every step of the way. He loves us. It reminds me of this film we watched at a conference where Elder Holland said "When you get rejected, when you struggle, remember that you are standing shoulder to shoulder with the greatest life that ever lived." (or something like that.) I know that is true. Because I've felt it. And it has changed me.

I still love my mission. Although it's difficult. I am growing. I have a GEM of a companion who is absolutely incredible. She is so good for me right now. We laugh a lot and I need it. She is so strong! I keep telling her, "Sorella, your entire mission will not be this hard." And she just laughs "I sure hope not..." But she brought it upon herself because she prayed for a hard mission. ha! So if it IS this hard the whole time, she will make it. She is strong and KNOWS the Atonement. I love her.

I don't really have any pictures to send. I took one today during companionship study. This is my companion. Being studious. And writing down a funny quote from last night. 
ME: I love our city, but if you could kill a city...
SLLA LOPEZ: Yeah, we need to order some dinosaurs up in here.
ME: puzzled expression
SLLA LOPEZ: you know, because dinosaurs would rampage and stuff... anyway...

Ha! We laughed long and hard at that one. It made no sense. And still doesn't! But it was funny. We were tired.

I LOVE MY LIFE! I hope you are well family. It's always good to hear from you and your good things throughout the week.

Have a good one! Buona settimana!

Sorella Forbes

Sorella Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment