14 March 2013

March 13, 2013 - Uh...non so cosa dire. I do not know what to say

This week has been kind of slow. We're really kicking it into high drive because we have GOT to get more investigators. Remember how NO ONE LISTENS TO US ANYMORE?! It's not just in our city, either, but everywhere. The Adversary is also hastening his work and he's hardening a lot of hearts. BUT, that's okay. Because we have a plan to overtake him.

We are going after part member families. There are several here that we think are ready to accept the gospel. We met with one of them this last week. The man is the brother of Sorella Garcia, Joel. He's awesome! Less active, but sincerely wants to come back. His wife and he just had a baby 6 months ago. That's an indicator... We had a beautiful lesson with them about the Plan of Salvation this week. Gabriella, the wife, accepted a soft baptismal invite. She's nervous she doesn't know enough yet to be baptized. We reassured her that she will know all she needs to know before she will be baptized. We'll talk about the Gospel with them this week.

We had an AMAZING lesson with a less active this week. I felt like I connected with her on such a deep level. The spirit was there so strong as we talked about the Plan of Salvation and receiving a fulness of joy after this life. We had a great discussion about trials in this life and things we are asked to face, and how those in the end are for our eternal benefit. That if we stay strong and endure, we will have a FULNESS of joy. A FULNESS! Think of the happiest you've ever been in your life... then multiply that a thousand times over. Can you imagine how happy we are going to be? I love  3 Nephi 28:10. And then we had a beautiful discussion about repentance and what it means. The spirit taught ME things in that lesson. She hasn't been to church in I think over a year, but she committed to coming this week. I'm so happy for her. She's going to come back strong.

Giorgio did not accept a date, but that's okay! Because he recognizes how important this is and he wants to be ready. We are going reassure him tonight and present him with a date again and help resolve his problems so he can work for that. He's so great! He went to institute and the FHE with the GANS we do on Sunday evening. It was so great! He'll progress fast. He's reading the Book of Mormon every day.

Transfers are next week! I'm pretty sure I'll stay here and train. 

Oh yeah! I cut my hair today. I'll send pics next week.

That's about all for this week. We are going to Milano tomorrow for the Sorella conference and I am SO excited. I love those things! We have the greatest mission in the world... I'm convinced. :)

Vi voglio un mondo di bene! I I want a world of good!)  I hope you are all well!

Oh, ASH! Happy birthday this week! I am late getting something to you... but maybe sometime in the future.

Sorella Forbes

Also, I can now email whoever! So if you email me and there is time I will respond! Change in the handbook.


 This Saturday was La festa delle donne! Women's holiday! It's a holiday in Italy. I think it's wonderful. All day people were saying "Auguri!" (greeting) to us and giving us little bits of the Mimosa flowers. That's the tradition they have. I saved this little bit and took a picture to show you. I look gross. But don't worry about that. I've been missionary for 16 months... ha!


My district! Us and Anziani Osmotherly and Payne. Anziano Payne is our district leader. We have such a great district and I learn so much from our capo. The creepy picture in his pocket is our "mascot"... the harvester. Ha! On the back of the card it says "Already to Harvest." It's kind of a funny joke we have because it is a creepy picture... anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment