This hard time comes after a whole week cold wet weather and of being sick. I didn't do a whole lot of missionary work this last week. I slept a lot. It's the worst being sick on the mission. Because you are faced with decisions like "okay, All our appointments just fell through... do we go out in the freezing rain and do casa for three hours? Hoping we can get inside where it is dry? Or do we go home and I sleep?..." Most of the time this last week I chose the latter. And it's the worst. But I felt like that was better than getting worse out in the cold rain. I'm feeling better today. Still a stuffy nose and tired, but the gross cough and sore throat is gone. It was miserable though. I was so drained after we went out in the morning for just 2 hours. But I feel really rested and ready to get back to work! We have a lot of work to do here right now!
Our other difficulty, or at least mine, is that I am feeling completely overwhelmed by our potential list. Being in Milano, you usually have a lot more potentials because you are constantly surrounded by people. Our potential list is a mile long and there are so many we want to meet with and could be ready, but we can't get a hold of or find a time to meet with them. (Here in Italy right now, those who have work work 12-14 hour days usually with the weirdest schedules. Hence, it's very difficult to see them. Others just go work when someone calls them so they don't have set schedule at all and appointments fall through. Frustrating). Hence with this stress that comes from all these potentials, I think it's why I have had a hard time contacting people this last week. I think it's the subconcious stress from our hundreds of potentials we already have and want to see! But that's bad. I'm trying to be better.
Despite being sick, we still had a pretty good week. We set a few more dates for November. We've got some really awesome people, it's just a matter of getting them on solid schedules to teach them all they need to know to be ready for their dates and make sure they are making and keeping solid commitments. But we're doing good!
Miracle story for this week: A few days ago, we went out to contact someone we didn't know on the ward list. First of all it was a miracle we found her address. And she was home just about to leave when we rang her bell. We found out she has been inactive for 30 years, and no one from the church has contacted her in quite some time. She told us she is not interested in the church anymore and is now Evangelist and content. We told her maybe we'd pass by another day but she didn't want to set up an appointment. Yesterday we were waiting for the tbus to go home for lunch, and a tram passes and I see her in the window about to get off. She saw us and made this face like "oh great" and I giggled. No way is it possible that just by chance a few days after us meeting her we see her again! This is Milano. That doesn't happen very often. And then we find out she was taking the two busses that we were taking. Ha! So we got to talk a little bit more and talked a little bit about the restoration just to remind her. She's still not very interested, but we left her a pamphlet on the restoration and told her we would be stopping by another day. She said fine. It was funny.
Remember how I have the most bomb mission president ever? Well, the assistants found out that I am a choreographer, they talked to President about it, and he approved a dance activity for the youth and YSA in our ward. I'm going to teach them some hip hop! I'm really excited! So I've got a member gathering some music for me and we'll probably put it on in the next couple of weeks before transfers. Excitement! Although it's been almost a year since I've really danced... so that's a bit scary. I don't know anything! Vediamo.
Anyway, it was a pretty good week despite feeling abbastanza giù (pretty down). I'm still doing great and loving Milano! Transfers are in two weeks. I feel like I'll be transferred. But then again I'm always wrong about transfers, so we'll see!
Mom! We showed up to our Irish investigator's house for the first time in months and I had my long black coat and big scarf and she said I looked Irish! I was happy. :)
Love you family! Buona settimana! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Today for Halloween we are going to the what we call "creepy bone church" (the entire inside is covered in bones. Real, human, bones. Creepy! And then we are going to check out this Burger joint, and then maybe going to go play around in a backstage vintage shop with costumes and stuff. Fun! I love being in Milano with other sorelle for p day!
Sorella Forbes
Sorella Forbes new leather 'Italian boots"!
Lovin' the Italian Halloween cookies with Nutella!


No comments:
Post a Comment