07 November 2012

November 7, 2012 Il tempo vola...

Yes. Time flies. I can't believe we are already in week five. I feel like I haven't done anything this transfer! And yet we've been so busy! Crazy. Transfers are next week. I have no idea what will happen, but I know that it will be right. It's probable that I will be transferred, however.

Milano is strange, sometimes. Something that's weird here is that I feel our investigator pool is changing constantly. We set dates with people and then we don't see them for weeks if we see them at all ever again. Every week we are planning for different people, and then those plans don't even get carried through all the way because the next week we are seeing all new people. I'm trying to figure out how to balance that... it's a bit frustrating. We have really amazing people with a lot of potential to accept the gospel! But they're schedules are crazy. I feel like Italy has declined so much even since I've arrived here. There are SO many people without work. The ones who do have work work 14-16 hour days monday-sunday with maybe a day free every 2 weeks. Or they work 3 hour days but those three hours are not set so they could be at any time of the day and they don't have any sort of regularity in their schedule. And there are other scenarios too. It's so sad. We are really seeing a decline in all aspects of life here: Spiritual, physical, familial, psycological... It breaks my heart a little bit. But despite these difficulties we still come upon people who are ready and willing to listen to the gospel every now and then.

Patrick (or in albanian, Petrit) is one of our awesome progressors right now. He doesn't have fixed work but a business will call when they need him, so when they call him he has to go or they won't call him ever again. They call him every Sunday so he can't ever come to church. But he accepted the word of wisdom this week and has already noted the blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon and praying. He says he feels lighter, more peace, more knowledge... just all the blessings we promise people when we introduce the book of mormon but they don't want to take the time to start reading it and say things like "well, peace is relative. happiness is relative..." NO! These things come from this book and so much more!!! I've kind of been a bit frustrated this last week with encountering many people that just don't care. About anything. It's really sad. I still love them, they just make me sad.

Anyway! Patrick is doing great. Martin will get baptized tomorrow! We re-fixed everything and we're all set up. They announced it in Sacrament meeting and made him stand up so everyone knew who he was. I was real happy. And today is his birthday. So tonight we are going to make him brownies and watch the Testaments and the member that will baptize him will come and practice with him. We're excited. It will be a good day tomorrow.

Yesterday we did scambio in Varese. My third blitz with Sorella Bush and we once again were not companions... I was with Sorella Beutler and we did a lot of finding. We had some pretty good success. But Sorella Beutler is so great and so sincere! She was Sorella Mancuso's companion in the MTC. It was a really fun day. And Varese is GORGEOUS. Someday when we come back to Italy, family, we are going to Lago Maggiore. Close to Varese. Beautiful.

Anyway, it's been a good week. Kind of slow, work wise, but we're happy and having fun and working hard. I'm anxious to know what will happen next week with four new sorelle coming in and none going home. More Sorelle! Sorella power! So they will probably open 2 Sorella cities? Who knows what's going to happen. I'm still hoping for Firenze. :)

Oh yeah... I HAVE A NEW NEPHEW!!!!! He's so cute!!!! Little Bridger. I can't wait to meet him. Send me pictures!!!! I want lots!!! Auguri Famiglia Mason!!!!

Love you family. Miss you, hope you are well.

Sorella Forbes

pictures: The view off our balcony on Monday. Gorgeous!
And then scambio in Varese with Sorelle Bush and Beutler (their apartment is brand new and gorgeous. I was jealous. haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment