04 April 2012

April 5, 2012 Che Miracoli! The Miracles!

It has been a week of miracles. Mamma mia. Yes it has. This email might be a bit scattered, but what else is new?
 
So we have been doing SO much finding work. We've been doing red zone finding time very faithfully and we're beginning to really see some fruits of our labors. As well as some bad fruits... haha. One atheist man asked me if I was in a coma after I asked him for referrals after he said he wasn't interested. Then Sorella Willey got propositioned through the citofono...if you know what I mean. Then we have a lot of people give us the "are you kidding me?" look and slam the door. And then there are the people that pretend to be interested, give you their number, set up a return appointment, but then when you try to call them it's a bogus number. Or when you ride your bike 20 minutes out for the return appointment they're not there or they tell little fibs through the citofono. It's times like these I find myself thinking "If you're not interested, just tell us! Don't waste our time! We're sifting for the elect!" But it's funny, because we generally end up in the right place at the right time to talk to someone. We learned in our district meeting this week that bidoni (cancellations) are "airstrikes from heaven" because there is someone close God wants you to find. But when people choose to listen we really feel the guidance of the spirit and the words just flow and the spirit is so strong. Even when you're standing in someone's doorway! I love being a missionary! Yesterday we met two families and we have return appointments with them later in the week. And they were actually results of the work we went out and did after getting a cancellation.
 
We set a baptism date with Rosy! For next Saturday. But we might have to postpone because we still have 4 commandments to teach and she has to have her interview, and she is a very busy woman. But I just love her.
 
Clara and Giuseppe are still awesome. When we taught them the Plan of Salvation, we left with a whole pizza. Ha! And it was delicious. They're Napoletani, where the best pizza in the world comes from. And she told us how to make it! Yum.
 
We've really been working with the members a lot this last week. We had lunch at the home of the Ciccios and it was so great and uplifting. Adelena is the Relief Society president and she is so supportive and loving of the Sorelle missionarie. We love her. She said they have a family they want to refer us too soon, but they're giving them a Book of Mormon this week. Yay! And she brought two friends that are interested to english class. I love member referrals! And then we had dinner at Presidente Pepe's with some new converts. He makes AMAZING pizza. That was marvelous. He's hilarious. Such a nice great loving teddy bear of a man. Cuneo is blessed to have a Branch president like him.
 
We've been on the bikes a whole lot these last two weeks, riding out to Cuneo 2 almost every day and then Borgo san Dalmazzo ogni tanto. It's about a 45 minute ride on a slight incline, so it's a workout. But it's a beautiful ride. Coming home is a bit faster since it's all downhill, but I'm really beginning to love bike riding! It's fun. :)
 
Conference was so great! I didn't even get to see all of it, but what I saw I loved. Saturday evening session we watched in french, spanish, one talk in english, and the closing prayer in italian. Ha! So I didn't get a whole lot of it. I LOVED Elder Holland's talk, and Elder Uchtdorf's talk. When we watched Elder Baxter (Dexter? the british guy?) We were watching the session with one of our single mother's on the computer of the church and she had tears running down her eyes. It was as if it was meant just for her. Then Sunday morning we watched in all italian. I loved it all. Oh and also Elder Scott's talk was so perfect. I had so many questions answered in just the few talks I was able to hear. And of course the prophet...THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND TRULY THE CHURCH OF CHRIST!!!
 
Miracle of the week: Saturday we felt like we needed to cut studies a bit early and go to a park to talk to some peeps. So we did it. We had been there about 45 minutes, taught two lessons, when Marco came up to us with his son to say hello! The same Marco we randomly ran into on the street two or three weeks ago, the same Marco of the Marco and Anna that we were guided to one night of miracle casa that are so golden and elect! We haven't really been in contact with them a whole lot since they got scared away from church, but it was by no chance that he was there at the exact time we were. We wouldn't have been there if we wouldn't have followed the impression to leave the house early and go to this park. This is the Lord's work!
 
Sorella Willey is the greatest! I love my collega and am so grateful for her. I have been learning so many great and marvelous things these last 10 weeks with her. She is a GEM. And such a marvelous missionary.
 
In closing, I would like to share a scripture for this happy Easter week: : "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, whcih we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father- That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God." (D&C 76:22-24) I would like to add my testimony to that of Joseph Smith, that I know that Christ lives! Let us remember this Easter week of what He did for every one of us, and that He is risen. Thanks to him we will rise again too! We will all live again and be resurrected, with perfect bodies, we will be immortal! Thanks to Christ, we can live with our families forever, with God forever! As a representative of Christ and his servant, I bear witness of this. I know that it is true. Have faith on His name. He suffered everything so that we can have everything. I love Him for it! Buona Pasqua! Happy Easter!
 
Buona settimana tutti!
 
Sorella Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment