18 January 2012

Last Email from MTC L'ultima Settimana... Arrivederci MTC! (The Last Week...Goodbye MTC!) January 18, 2012

     I can't believe this is my last email from the MTC! I feel like I've been here forever, and yet it's flown by. It's kind of strange. Two months of my mission are already over! I can't believe it. It's kind of sad when you think about it that way. Wah.
Any way, we got our itinerary last Thursday and we are all set to go! We leave the MTC at 5 AM Tuesday morning. Those going to the Milan mission will fly to Chicago, Frankfurt, then Milan. Parentals, I'll send you the exact times in another email. I'll call you probably in my layover in Chicago. And I our branch president said he thought it'd be alright if I called all the siblings too! Excitement. Have your phones ready sibs.
Things I will miss about the MTC:
The AMAZING people that I have met:
    Our AMAZING teachers. They are so willing to help and I have learned so much about the gospel, about the language, and about being a missionary from them. They are all fantastic. Sorella Fairbanks, Fratello Taylor, Fratello Bulloch, and especially Fratello Merrill, Fratello Mortensen, and Fratello Pesci. They're all amazing.
    Our AMAZING Branch presidency. President Johnston, Brother McMullin, Brother Lamoureux, and their wives. Love them all so much. I have learned an incredible amount of things from them.
    Our AMAZING branch of Italian missionaries. Italy is LUCKY to have these people coming their way. They all will do amazing things in Italy.
    My AMAZING District. I really get sad thinking about how we're splitting in half next Tuesday. Sorelle Smedley, Comollo, and Clark are going to Rome. Anziani Collins, Thomas, and myself will be going to Milan. So sad! I love them so much and we have grown so close. I'll miss them all these next months, but we'll be friends for a very long time indeed.
I'll miss the devotionals and firesides Sunday and Tuesday nights. Every time I come away feeling spiritually uplifted, pumped, and knowing more about the gospel with a stronger and stronger testimony of it's truthfulness.
The food....HA!! (see things I won't miss...)
The weekly temple visits.
Listening to apostles. Whether it be recordings of talks they've given here in the past or seeing them in person. They say things here and do things here that I have never seen before. They are all hilarious, and yet so incredibly forceful and powerful and passionate about missionary work. I know they are all true Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Being able to speak english when I really can't express myself. ha.
The amazing spirit that is here. It is so strong. I often find myself crying and I don't really know why. I'm pretty sure it's just the incredibly strong spirit here bearing witness to me that everything I'm learning and already know about the gospel is true! and that this work is the Lord's work!
Things I won't miss about the MTC:
The food. Nuff said.
The covered sidewalk. It's kind of sad when you see the moon one night and think "Oh, hi old friend. Haven't seen you in a while." I counted. I've seen the moon 3 times in the last 2 months. The sun is almost as rare a commodity, but we get our Sunday and Wednesday temple walks.
Living on a two block radius.
I think that's all. haha. I really have loved my experience here at the MTC with all my heart and it has changed me forever. I really needed this time here to really solidify my testimony and increase my knowledge of the language, of the gospel, and all things missionary. I wish everyone could experience the MTC.
Not really sure what else to say and I'm almost out of time, but arrivederci for now! Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Italia! So excited for that day.
The church is true!!! I have no doubt in my mind. Love you all!
Sorella Forbes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sorella!!
    You are so amazing. Gramma and I have decided to hop the plane with you, go to Italy, move into your apartment where we will cook, clean, do the dishes, make the beds plan your P days with us and generally have another great mission experience. We will also keep the baptismal clothing washed and clean for your daily baptisms. Wow! How would that be?!!
    We would deem it a great pleasure to serve the world’s best missionary and her companion in Italy.
    We look forward to hearing of your experiences. The MTC experience you have had in that so spiritual environment is but a touch of the “up” times ahead while you serve in Italy. Those moments of teaching magnify that spirit so that you can just revel in it while it touches the hearts of those you teach.
    We love you to bits (big bits!), Gramma and Grampa Forbes

    ReplyDelete