16 January 2012

Email - January 11, 2012 Che Un Buona Settimana!

Hi people!!! It's been a great week. But this email may be brief. Don't hate.
So first of all, I finished the Book of Mormon this last week! AMO IL LIBRO DI MORMON!!! I love that book so much. It contains everything you will ever need to know about living a happy life. If you haven't read it before, DO IT!!! And even if you have, KEEP READING IT!!! I love it. President Brown (our MTC pres.) challenged us to read 30 minutes every day. Not only for the rest of our missions but for the rest of our lives. I hope I can keep doing that forever. I love it so much. And it really is different reading it as a missionary. It's amazing. Have you seen the Mormon Message "Book of Mormon Story"?!!?!?!!?!?! I'm in love with it. A)the music is amazing. B) the man in it is pretty dang awesome. C)Everything he says about the BoM in that video is true. Indeed. Watch it. Love it. Watch it again. He talks about one of my favorite scriptures in that video: Alma 7:11-12. Read that too. You'll love it.
I bought Gesu il Cristo this week too. (Jesus the Christ in Italian). I'm kind of nervous. We won't be opening that for a few months I think. Until I know the language a bit better.
Russell M. Nelson paid us a visit again last night! That man blows me away with his intelligence. He talked about the Abrahamic Covenant a lot and used the Old Testament quite a bit. It was some pretty deep doctrine he talked about that I had never heard before. I was in amazement. He talked alot about the Gathering of Israel and how blessed we are to be participants in this event that was prophesied 4000 years ago. And that we are the "Swift Messengers" and the "Hunters and Fishers" that are helping in this great gathering. I was happy. And last night we, as a choir, sang "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands." BEAUTIFUL song. If anyone can find that and send me the lyrics or the music I would love you forever.
VICKY-C IS ENGAGED!!! (Victoria...) I saw her on Sunday. Her fiance's dad is the MTC Admin. Director and he speaks once a month, and she comes. And I love seeing her. SHE'S ENGAGED!!! I'm so happy for her. Vicky-C, if you're reading this, a letter is on it's way to you. :)P.s. your ring is gorgeous. I'm a bit sad that I won't be there for a best friend's wedding, but I have no doubt I'm right where I'm supposed to be doing what I should be doing. Congrats to the soon to be Victoria Heaton!
I get my itinerary tomorrow probably! i'm quite excited! and by quite I mean REAL excited. I get more and more anxious to get to Italy every day and to share my love of this Gospel with them. Two weeks!
I hope all is well. Let me know if there is anything I can do for any of you! I'll do my best from here. :)
 
Sorella Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment