First of all, I should probably explain the subject of this email: "vergognatevi per la vita che fate!" or in other words "shame yourselves for the life that you lead!" Yes. This is something that was shouted at us just before a door was slammed in our faces while doing casa. This poor old woman must have had a bad experience in the past, because the minute she opened the door, saw our name tags, I only got a "Salve signora!" out and she started rambling off in some dialect, then probably seeing the looks on our faces realizing we didn't understand her, shouted this gem of italian our way. I wanted to cry for like a second, but when we three sorelle looked at each other and saw the stunned jaw dropped "did that just happen" look, we laughed. Hard. Probably shouldn't have, but I'm glad we did. That was worse than the time I got asked if I was in a coma... haha. But other than this little experience with what we call "angry casa," the week has been beautiful.
There's been a lot of rain. And by a lot I mean a lot. And we've been caught in it frequently. Consequently there have been quite a few cancellations and bidone, but we still made it to 20 lessons! Hoorah! We had a baptism on Saturday! Mario, our 70 year old miracle referral was baptized, as was little Piero, who's dad is inactive so we taught him the missionary lessons. It was such a beautiful baptism! Mario was so incredibly happy and glowing. It's amazing that after all these years of being married to his wonderful wife from Tahiti who has been a member for years, he chose now to be baptized. He bore his testimony in sacrament meeting on Sunday and it was so beautiful. He was so humble and grateful and happy. And his wife bore testimony too. After I was talking to her and she said that was the first time she had done that in sacrament meeting because her husband was never there and she never really wanted to before, but she wanted to and felt she needed to on Sunday. So beautiful!Then there is a family that comes to our ward. The dad is American and a really strong member, his wife is italian with family here so they are visiting for a few months and she's not a member, and they have a nine year old son who is a member. The dad bore his testimony in english in the meeting and his wife translated, and the spirit was so strong. She told us she would like to meet with the missionaries, but it might have to wait until she gets back to the US because they are really busy with family stuff here and they're only here for a month or so. Anyway, it was so beautiful.Sunday after church we had a break the fast with both the Italian and the American ward. It was so fun, but so confusing! I was switching back from english to Italian and I couldn't keep track of who was what language. I talked to a lot of the Americans in Italian, and vice versa, and got a lot of funny looks. Ha! But it was really fun. There are amazing people here in Pordenone!!! Amazing strong wards. Pordenone is going to become a stake!!!This Saturday we are having an open house and concert in the new chapel, and the bishop asked us to be tour guides. I'm so excited! Such a great opportunity to get new investigators! And to get people in the church and feeling the spirit!!! Excitement.Oh yeah, hi, we went to Venice today. Venezia. It was a beautiful perfect sunshiney day. We took the train this morning, strolled to St. Mark's, crossed the Ponte Rialto and kind of did some shopping, ate some kebab, then went to a beautfiul church. And now, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa Forbes, and Kaitie, I have to tell you something that is going to make you all very jealous. Especially you, Kaitlan Ann. So we were in La Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, I'm looking at this beautiful Titian painting, I turn around and see this tall man with glasses enter the church. I feel like I've seen him before. Um, wait.... yes. It was RICK STEVES! Ha ha. He walked in with a guide, they went and sat down in a pugh, he pulled out one of his books, and he was going through with the guide marking it. HA! Then I go in a side chapel to admire the beautiful Bellini, and there's a cameraman in there. I ask him what he's filming for. "It's for a travel show," he says, "in the United States. On PBS." I ask him which was it. "Rick Steves" he says. Yes. I witnessed the filming of a Rick Steves. And Rick Steves. Jealous much? Thought you'd be. I just kept thinking of all the times Kaitie and I would impersonate Ricky when we were in France. And I laughed. Hard. Anyway. Funny.The work is going good still here in Pordenone! We're struggling getting new investigators right now. All our investigators we're teaching right now have baptism dates. Which is good, but they'll run out and we'll lose them as investigators, so we need to find more! But we're working hard, I'm loving the work! I wish I could share every little miracle that we see.Love you all and I hope all is well. FAMILY! I'll talk to you sunday!!! Ah! Weird...Sorella Forbes
About the photos: The first is just one of the beautiful houses that I get to go visit. It belongs to a member in the bishopric. they had us over for lunch yesterday. I love Italy!
Then Venice and Venice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment