14 March 2012

March 14, 2011 - Un Po Giu - A Little Down

A little bit under... that's how I've been feeling this week. Remember how I was sick last week? Well, it didn't really go away. And unfortunately because of it our city is struggling. Stupid lungs... I think I've had more asthma here than in my whole life! Maybe it's all the cigarette smoke... since everyone and their dog smokes pretty much... anyway, I'm doing pretty good. It's been a really rough week for me because last week we couldn't go out nearly enough. Sorella Willey got a bug starting Wednesday night too, and on Saturday we hadn't even gotten half of the lessons of our goal for the week. Saturday we decided to muster up as much energy as we could and go out and do some strada. We went on this nice path that runs along the edge of the wedge because we figured a Saturday morning, there would be more people outside, but NOPE. We talked to one family who wasn't interested and then there was no one for a long time. So we just kind of wandered around not really knowing where to go. We got to a point on Via Roma and just stopped. Neither of us were having a feeling of where to go or what to do and we were getting frustrated. Then all of a sudden Marco pulled right up next to us (we hadn't seen him or Anna since church last Sunday) and we talked for a second. That was magical timing. He said they were going out of town but that we could call them when they got back. Weird! Anyway, besides that it was a pretty unsuccessful strada time. We got home after that and I collapsed on my bed feeling like the worse missionary in the world because we were doing horribly with lessons and we weren't finding new people because I had been so sick all week, then I had the feeling to call Sorella Wolfgramm again (she had been in Germany all week so we hadn't been able to reach her). But we got a hold of her and she told us all the things we should do and the medicine we should go buy and then told us we needed to just sleep... and I think I said "Oh no!" when she told me that. We told her we had been so down all week and we felt really bad and she just said "Well, Sorella, you know Heavenly Father understands." And I cried for a bit but then decided to follow her advice. She is so great. She's my mamma away from my mamma! haha. We went to the pharmacy, loaded up, came back, and I slept for like three hours. Something I hadn't been able to really do because I had been constantly thinking "no! you have to get up! go teach! go find! you're a missionary!" haha. It was like now I had received official permission from the MIssion President's wife my mind could relax and I slept. :) Anyway, we've gotten some good rest since then. Still feeling a bit blah and talked to Sorella Wolfgramm again last night. She told me to go get a z-pak, so we're doing that after this. Anyway, that's the update with the health. Prayers would be fabulous. I thank you for all of the ones that are already coming my way. :)
Friday we had a concerto in the church. An investigator and her son sang and played the violin and rented a cello for Sorella Willey. Um, did you know my collega is a cello MASTER?! She is on all of the MoTab albums we listen to. She was in the Orchestra at Temple Square. And she's amazing. Once she pulled out the cello and started practicing, our investigator came to me with tears in her eyes and just said "troppo bello!" It was touching. That's Donatella, I included a picture I took with her after the concert. Her eyes are closed... haha but I love her. She's a sweetheart. Sorella Willey is amazing. It was a pretty successful concert. Not very well attended by the members, but we had 6 investigators and 2 completely less actives that nobody had really seen in over a year. That was great to meet them. Hopefully we can go see them this week.
My collega took me to Verona on Monday. ha! We had to make the 6 hour trip to Verona for her Permesso di Soggiorno. We left Monday at lunch, took a few hours of p-day and went and saw the arena, casa di Giulietta and Juliet's balcony (as in Romeo and Juliet...), ate some kebab and gelato, and stayed the night with the Verona Sorelle, who are so fantastic. One is from Foggia and the other was in like 3 of my italian classes at BYU! It was really fun, but definitely frustrating because it's more time out of our city and traveling is exhausting and we came home feeling worse than we did before. It took us 8 hours to get back yesterday because there was a strike with trenitalia so one of our trains was cancelled. But Verona is AMAZING! I definitely hope I get to go back there some day. I loved that city.
Next Monday we have a training in Alessandria and afterwards we will head to Genova for a scambio. I'll be paired with Sorella Baker and we will be blitzing Genova! I'm really excited. I hear Genova is quite amazing. But again, frustrating because once again, Cuneo is suffering! That's two more days outside of our city next week. It makes me sad. BUT, the Lord knows what he is doing! All we can do is do our best!
Update on Cristina: we had to drop her. Or she dropped us? We're not really sure, but she stopped keeping commitments and it was causing Sorella Willey and I too much stress and sadness with all the phone calls we would get from her and Salvatore and the whole situation is just crazy. So for the time being we'll just be praying for her and waiting patiently. Still breaks my heart to think of it, but I've had to turn it over to the Lord. He has a plan. I have faith that everything will work out.
Anyway, that's all for the week. I wanted to share a really cool thing I learned in my personal study this week, but I don't have time. So it will have to wait for next week. But if you want, you should read 1 Nephi 8 - Lehi's vision. And then chapter 11 talks about the interpretations. There are SO many things to learn from these two chapters! I'll try to share some thoughts next week.
Love you all and I hope you are all well!!!
Sorella Forbes





No comments:

Post a Comment